After much consideration & planning

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
both kt & wm are heading down to my dad's for t'giving.

As no professional can get their act together when it comes to some kind of visitation between the tweedles I'm taking this on myself. Why .... you may ask. The tweedles weren't given the chance to be siblings. I've been pushing regular visits for at least 3 years now.

It's not come into fruition. kt & wm are just too close to 18 to be believed. I need them to learn to be brother & sister before they can get together outside of protective parameters in place.

My niece & almost nephew & I are caravaning down. wm will ride with them....kt will be riding with me. wm will stay at my sister's house while kt & I stay with Dad. In the meantime, there will be many people who can & will intervene if necessary.

It's now or never. It may be never after this weekend or I may be pleasantly surprised. Who knows?

klmno

Wow- you are a brave woman and a very caring warrior mom! I hope all of you have a very pleasant day and there are no crisis- maybe a little difficult child moment or two, but nothing big. You deserve to have a nice day with all your family together.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

Linda, I think you have a good plan (including safety) in place.

I hope, for their sake, it works out... For yours, too!

T

TeDo

Good for you Linda. You seem to have given it a lot of thought and have put all the safeties into place that you can. Enjoy the family time. You deserve it.

DDD

Once again your tenacity astounds me. Fingers crossed that it is a happy holiday for all. Hugs. DDD

L

Liahona

Wow, you've got a great family to help you with this! I'm also hoping all goes well.

slsh

member since 1999
I hate like heck that the teams let it go this long.

You are a very strong and powerful woman, and your family is awesome to back you up on this. So much to be thankful for today. I hope that you will have even more to be thankful for at the end of the visit.

Many hugs to you, and much bead-rattling going on here for your whole family.

H

HaoZi

Wow, and good luck! Hopefully the time they have spent apart has grown their separate identities and their growth will push them to see each other differently than they did in the past.

mstang67chic

Going Green
You know....my first response was a whopper of an UH OH....WHAT is she thinking?

But the more I read and the more I digested.....you're right. Not only did they lose a big chunk of their childhood but they lost each other too. I hope the visit not only turns out great but leads to the best possible relationship for them.

AND....I hope you have a good time with your family and children.....ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Happy Thanksgiving my friend. May you all enjoy your blessings this week....TOGETHER!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'll be praying and keeping body parts crossed.

I hope you all can have a very nice family holiday with tons of laughter, lots of love, and no difficult child moments. Lord knows you all deserve it.

(((hugs)))