Age guidelines for senior discounts at retaurants?

ctmom05

I know that various chain retaurants offer a senior discount. Do you know what the age guidelines are for eligibility at some of these places?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
At some places it's 55. Might be 60 at others. Even many fastfood places offer it (I think you get a free drink or something like that) because my mom routinely asks for it.

meowbunny

Seems that the guidelines depend on the restaurant and server. I live in a retirement community. Here, most restaurants make it 65. However, when I'm out with my weekly Saturday group, we all get the discount even though I'm barely 55 just cause I'm with them (we range from age 55 to 83). Basically, the best way to know is to simply ask.

donna723

You know, I really should be looking in to this too but it never even enters my mind to see about a 'senior discount'! I guess it's because I have to keep reminding myself that I'm 62 now - that sounds old, even to me!

I'm kicking myself now because I just found out that my bank offers free checking and free checks if you're over 60! It's exactly like the account I have now but it's free! I could have been saving the $7 a month service charge and the $10 a box charge for all those checks for over two and a half years!

susiestar

Roll With It
Be sure to check into AARP because they have AMAZING benefits. Somehow, my husband keeps getting info on that though he is only 50. I think you have to be 55 to join. BUT they let your spouse join automatically. And they ahve great pharmacy benefits, and some awsome benefits on other things.

Susie