Aging Parents....

K

Kolleen

Morning.
I come and go now with long periods in between. Years ago was always venting about sonnyboy!!! He's 24 now and out of house again and for good - best thing I ever did. I try not to think about him. He only calls when he wants something [ $ ] anyway. When he said the other day that he may need a place to live i said don't come here! He repeated it 3 times, think he was in shock, and i just kept saying don't come here. Had been dreading that moment since fall when I'd gotten him out. It was slick as a whistle. I am helping him a bit with rent, he's unemployed, but I'm gonna cut him off soon. So more trauma to come i'm sure!!

I have another issue now.

Anyone know of a good site to vent and share about aging parents? Anybody here dealing with it? I'm the only daughter, and out of state. My 2 siblings are helping her. Hard to deal with the changes from a distance and not being able to help her with all the little things brothers don't bother with.
thanks

DammitJanet

Hi, nice to see you. Just google caregivers message boards. I used to post on a couple of alzheimers boards but have long since lost those sites.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hey Kolleen,

I just wanted to send some support as I know what you're going through with your aging parents living a distance away.

My mom is 86 and her alzheimers is becoming increasingly worse - it's so upsetting. She lives in PA with my sister, who is not the most stable person. My other sister and I who live here in CT are trying to find a way to bring her here to live. She will have more of a support system in place and we'd worry less about the quality of care she's getting, but it's been slow going.

Anyway, sending hugs.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hello and nice to see you again.
I have cared for aging father in my home for 3 yrs. I am presently caring for almost 82 yr old mom who is just a tad out of it due to hearing loss and 3 strokes. In between we assist where we can with in laws but they are still fairly capable between the two of them to manage on their own.

I haven't been on any websites for care givers but probably should. Fortunately, since dad died I don't feel the same sort of pressure. I know there are several of us who care for elderly parents. It's almost a thankless job but for me it's the right thing to do.

Hope you get some advice and support that will help you.