Ali's visits......interesting, huh?

DDD

All the families sure were welcoming and seemed to be loving. Some sure didn't seem compatible with Ali As the Mother of three guys my heart went
out to each of them as they put themselves on the line. There is a special vulnerability with sons. Maybe it is sexist but it moved me.

Bottom line, however, is that I don't "see" undying love shown by Ali. She
is darling, bright, funny, polite, accomplished (evidently) and "has a nice bod"
(according to easy child/difficult child, lol) but I can't see a match made in heaven. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Janet- Ali is "The Bachelorette." :)

I think it's pretty obvious that Ali prefers Frank above all others and mnrowrh xnweofnss sfh worebn ssnnrwssaythhtwwl... <-----that is me muffling my own mouth as I've read the spoilers and know what happens next and how this whole thing ends and don't want to spoil it for anyone who doesn't already know. :angel:

Suz

Nancy

LOL Janet, it's the bachelorette.

I thought all the families were very nice too. I sure did like Chris's dad, but the whole mom thing still has me creeped out a bit. I'm liking Frank less and less all the time. What's with the thumb ring and the t-shirt that hangs down to his waist just about, and that strange sweater he has on over it. Looks like he shaves his chest hair and maybe arm hair. I don't know he just seems very strange. I know there are all different styles now but I'm not sure which style he is. It may be the editting but I'm tired of all his serious questioning all the time, makes him look like a wimp.

I don't see her ga-ga over any of them, never did see a real connection with any of them. I think she could do better on her own.

Nancy

P.S. Suz you snuck in there. I think we all get that Frank goes back to his old girlfriend, but they must be editting a lot out because they aren't showing any love connection that I can see. They must have some chemistry behind the scenes.

DDD

Sorry, guys. I just assumed that Ali's name would ring a bell. on the other hand, if I had "a life" ;):redface: maybe I wouldn't be
spending two hours every Monday night watching strangers seeking a love connection, lol. DDD

trinityroyal

LOL.

DDD, I don't have a life. It's just that my tv-watching tends more toward Thomas the Tank Engine and Sesame Street these days. ;)

susiestar

Roll With It
I can see why Kirk was the guy she ditched this week. She expressed more doubts about him esp because he really hasn't ever had a long term relationship. She also didn't think he had a good grasp of what long term relationships involved, esp because his parents couldn't even talk.

Frank is a whiner. Not sure why she sees anything in him. He must be great in some way that the camera cannot capture. Or else she has some serious self esteem issues and thinks that it is all she deserves. I thought he was goofy at the first date. He would be the kind of guy who got upset about something stupid on a fairly regular basis. Something that could be settled with a one minute conversation if he would trust the other person. I had a roommate with his kind of attitude. She broke up with her boyfriend every 7 weeks whether there was an issue or not. I actually showed it to her on the calendar once and it freaked her out. The guy was always miserable because he never knew what would set her off. A relationship in real life with Frank would be like that, in my opinion.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I have to hope it's the editing that makes it seem like all Chris talks about (and his family talks about) is his dead mother, otherwise it would really creep me out, too. That said, I thought his Dad was attractive (for an old fart like me), obviously knows what love and commitment are all about and I wondered how I could get his contact information. ;)

I liked Kirk much better last night but I didn't see them together. And I agree that I don't understand the attraction to Frank at. all.

I like Roberto best. I think what keeps her from him are the insecure feelings expressed in her comment previously that *he was the kind of guy she never thought would be interested in her.* It's a shame. He's handsome, doing well, comes from a loving family who adores him, and he seems like a terrific guy...and is sexy, too.

Suz

Marguerite

I was a bit flummoxed too - we don't get the same TV shows as you guys, and those we do are rarely at the same time. We can be years behind with some shows. I might comment on a Dr Phil episode only to find you guys saw it months ago.

We have "Farmer Wants a Wife" here. A bit more rustic.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
I must admit I thought I missed a love connection between DDD's difficult child and Ali. LOL. Now I know.

DDD

Ali might be a good idea for easy child/difficult child come to think of it. I wonder if she likes spending most every night heisting more than a few, dancing on the pole (yes, easy child/difficult child is often talked into a pole dance by his female companions)
:redface: and would be willing to support him in the style he is accustomed to Maybe I'll write her! ;) DDD
on the other hand, difficult child makes Frank seem normal! Yikes!

janebrain

You guys crack me up! I'm enjoying this string. M and I have been watching the Bachelorette together though she was away this week so she missed it.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is sick of hearing about Chris' dead mother. I would not want to have to live up to some guy's sainted mother if I was a girl. Both my husband's loved their moms but loved me more! Otherwise though I like Chris. I like Roberto the best--he seems more "normal" and is by far the best looking. I agree that Frank is weird, I don't see why she seems so taken with him. I never found Kirk attractive so I don't care if he's gone.

It is really nice to have some just trashy escape tv to watch on a Monday night!

Jane

Ephchap

Well, Suz, you can have Chris' dad because my daughter wants Chris - that way, we'll be related. :) Seriously, I think Chris is a doll. He just seems so down to earth and "normal". I too have to wonder about him mentioning his mom so much, but with it being a recent loss, I guess maybe it would come up - just not so often. I thought she seemed to fit in with his family the best. I thought his dad was just adorable too, Susie.

Roberto is okay and he's good looking, but he's just not my type and I just didn't see her fitting in with his family.

Frank is just creepy. Of course, speaking of creepy ... how would you like to be over visiting and have Kirk's father take you down in the basement and see all those dead/stuffed animals!! Ewwwwwwwwww. lol.

I've read all the spoilers too so am sitting on my lips too. lol.

Deb

Jody

I love watching Bacherolette. I also think Frank is weird, and then some. I don't find him in the least bit attractive, in any way. Glad Kirk is gone, didn't find him attractive either. he was a little weird, and then the dad thing in the basement. That grossed me out completely. Roberto, he's majorly hot, but he doesn't seem to me to be like real emotionally connected to Ali at all. Chris is sweet, but I just don't see them together. I am betting that she does not find her husband on this show. What is the show called where the rejected people get together and are starting another show. I saw something about it advertised but didn't catch when it was going to start. Does anyone know? Nexrt weeks, going to be pretty interesting.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Jody, it's called "Bachelor Pad."

I have to say that I'm really sick of seeing Melissa, too. She has milked her 15 minutes of fame for way too long.

Suz