All girls aren't angels -- but Tigger is getting closer :)

JJJ

We had a very long day at a tournament for Piglet. Tigger had a pretty great day. He got a little over the top at one point but before I could even get over there to intervene, he calmed himself down, apologized for saying mean things to the other boy and they were playing again :bravo:

Later, two girls kept taking his and Eeyore's toys because they wanted the boys to chase them. The boys were tired and just wanted to be left alone to play at a table. I heard the boys ask nicely for their toys back and when the girls didn't return the toys, I intervened and told them they needed to give them back and that they weren't to take the toys again. Course about 10 minutes later, one of the girls grabs Eeyore's webkinz so Tigger chases her and grabs the toy back, in the process he bumped into her and she stumbled a bit (note he didn't "hit" her nor was she in any way hurt). The girls' dad tells him that he shouldn't hit girls, Tigger tried to explain that he didn't hit her that he was just getting his toy back that she stole. Course, daddy's little girl could do no wrong. But I was so proud of Tigger, he walked away from the man when I asked him to and, again, he calmed down (took a visit from the tickle-monster but he was fine within 5 minutes.)

So, this is a two-fold post -- I am so proud of how "normal" Tigger is becoming when he plays with others and how quickly he is turning himself around when he does lose it or is challenged.

And secondly, how much it aggravates me when people use the excuse "she's a girl" when their daughter misbehaves. Cause, of course, Daddy did not say a thing to his darling about stealing other children's toys..UGH!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What a great day for Tigger!

And that "dad" will be out of excuses when his little "princess" grows into a teenage hellcat!

slsh

member since 1999
JJJ- Wow!!! I'm awed that Tigger was able to deal with the continued interference by the girls, as well as the dad's ... obnoxiousness. ;) Self-control - gosh, it's wonderful, truly truly wonderful that he's starting to master that at the ripe old age of 9!!! Sounds more on the easy child scale of things!!! I love that he and Eeyore were playing so well together and that he retrieved Eeyore's toy - love to see that family protection.

I suspect dear old Dad's eyes will be opened in a couple of years to his "angel's". :rofl: Karma, I believe in karma. ;)

Christy

Your post gives me hope! How I long for the day when my son can interact appropriately with his peers.

Good for him!
Christy

JJJ

Thanks all. Tigger has made such huge gains since Kanga has been gone, I am wondering if, perhaps, he isn't a true difficult child but was simply so terrorized by her that he acted like one. He still has a ways to go but I'm very interested in seeing where he is a year from now.