All I got was.....

Andy

"Look Mom, your shoes are untied" as I sit stocking footed at the computer. I just replied, "So are yours". Boring - I don't do April Fools jokes but do love the good ones. The ones that take planning and are really creative. The ones that are good clean and safe funnies.

What some good ones you or your family members have played or been victim of?

One year I wrote a newsletter at work and put in a co-worker's phone number to order Spring Baby Chickens from.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think the only place that I could do my practical jokes were here -

WIth my Happy Birthday to me post - and my avatar -

(nothing harmful)

I tried to think of something I could tell DF - but I thought

Hi honey - I lost my job today - would get me a visit to the heart ward at the ER.

I got nutthin'

jal

My difficult child's para did a cute one for him. She handed him a box of popcorn and when he opened it there was a M&M bag with-a twist tie. He opened that bag and it was full of rocks. Thankfully, he did not get angry and begin throwing the rocks. She did have some real M&M's for him though.

trinityroyal

Here in the House of Aspie, the literal minded among us don't handle April Fool's Jokes very well.

Some, like me and Little easy child, just don't get them.
Others, like difficult child, have no sense of proportion, and go WAY too far (Lacing the water jug in the fridge with vodka, for example).

So...we have a family edict banning all April Fool's jokes, just to avoid the confusion (and possible death) that might result.

Trinity

DammitJanet

Well I just knew that Star couldnt be born on April Fools day...just way too over the top! Now Tony's foolish brother is born on that day but we just sigh about that...lol.

No one was here to do a joke on me this year. I would have simply died if Cory had done what Dude had done. He would be in the morgue next to me.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I put a couple of drops of food coloring in the bottom of the kids' cereal bowls before adding the cereal. When they poured the milk and started to dig in, it stirred up the color and before long, they had neon green, blue, and yellow milk in their bowls! (Got that one courtesy of a family mag)... :D

KTMom91

I didn't "get got" this year. Several years ago, a good friend of mine was given a message to call Mr. Lyons ASAP, it was very important. So, he drops everything and calls Mr. Lyons... to find out he had been given the number to the main office of the zoo.

Andy

Star handled her joke like a pro!

Jal, Yes, anyone handing a difficult child rocks has got to be very brave indeed! What was she thinking? Next time she should get rock candy (those chocolate pieces that look like tiny rocks). Then if he starts throwing, you can start eating.

Trinity, I love how you describe the reasons that April Fools is banned.

Janet, Extended family is better than direct when it comes to April 1st birthday.

Gcv, I love that one - that will become a classic. How did the kids react? Nothing like mom making the first reminder of what day it is. I didn't know until 3:00 when I watched the kids trying to get each other to look at their shoes.

KTmom, I love that one as well. I will have to remember that one and find a good way of imitating it next year.

I don't hear much about April Fools these days. Maybe it is fading away?

Wiped Out

Staff member
We played a good one on our students yesterday. All week long one of my co-teachers was talking up April Fools Day. I purposely pretended to be a humbug about it and said I don't do any tricks.

Then came yesterday. One thing on our report card is "Following Written Directions". I told the students we had a new assessment for measuring this. (It was one of those tests that tells you to read the whole thing first and then you get to the last one and it tells you only to do #1-read all directions and #2-sign your name). I told them they only had two minutes, no talking allowed. They took it very seriously (one girl had done it before but didn't ruin the surprise). When they were done we told them April Fools-they were laughing and then saying it wasn't fair because, "we thought you didn't play April Fools jokes." I just smile and told them that was an extra April Fools!