All this dog talk lately....

mstang67chic

Going Green
...made me want to share.

We gave Cloe a bath today. She wasn't really dirty but with her short hair, she stinks often. I felt kind of bad for her too. She's been walking around all mopey the last couple of weeks since Taz, erm, left. Then we go and give her a bath and she's not fond of them at all.

It was a nice day today so we did it outside with the hose. We've done it before like that and had no problems. After we got done, we left her outside for a bit and then let her in. I didn't think anything about it until she came in our room and jumped on the bed shivering. Poor thing! I felt awful so I grabbed MY blankey, bundled her up and rubbed her down through it. She got warmed up, fell asleep and started snoring. Star....is that horrible snoring a pit thing? She's hysterical when she does it!

Anyhoo....she looked so sweet I had to get a picture.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/coldcloe.jpg

Star*

call 911........call 911
out loud - SO loud EVERYONE came running to seeOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......and prints out picture for bulletin board. SHE IS GEORGEOUS. Couldn't you just scoop her up with a biscuit? OMG. Casper LOVES to chase the sprinkler.....when it makes the first tch tch tch tch tch noises - he chases, leaps into the air all 140 lbs and the like a graceful ballerina - lands on all fours shaking the ground.

SHE IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.......what an angel. Poor baby I bet she misses her brovver.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Yes - the snoring thing is music to my ears. Means my boys are near, safe and feel comfortable enough to deep sleep in their own home.

But I HAVE had to push Casper with my foot - and yell OMG will you stop SNORING...and then I hear DF say on occasion - Honey it's not me it's Casper. Bull doesn't snore too much but Pootie - has a definite underbite and when she snores - she ripples her cheeks.

Mustang - she is so pretty!

4sumrzn

Love the picture!!!!! She looks so cozy! My sister has a Pit.....the 1st time I heard him snore, I really didn't believe the noise was coming from this puppy! He's a BIG puppy now & snores a bit louder! LOL! Thanks for sharing the picture.

mstang67chic

Going Green
She's a sweetie. But yeah the snoring...OMG!! LOL There was one time she had the jowl pppbbbbttt type movement/sound on the exhale....cracked me up!

As for her breed......her mother was a pit (full I think) and the daddy was...um...well...he was some big wooly unidentifiable neighbor dog. We're sure there is Chow because of the inside of her mouth and the vet seems to think there is some Shar Pei in there which you CAN see if you scrunch her face up. The rest is a **** shoot. She does have that underbite thing going on and when you scratch in juuuuust the right place......she shows one fang. We don't have a sprinkler but she never wanted anything to do with the wading pool we would have for Taz. She does, however, love to go outside and roll on her back with her hind legs kicking so hard I'm surprised she doesn't flip over.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Someday - I will get this on video and share -

Casper will go out in the yard - and lay in the grass, on his back all fours bent over.....and he'll start at 12:00 and wiggle his shoulders and butt completely around from 12:00 around the clock and back to 12:00 again.

When he does this - his lips flap over his muzzle, and he makes these mmmm mmmm mmmm noises. He is absolutely the funniest dog I have ever known.

And Cloe? Pit and Sharpei was my first guess.....all those WRINKLES!!!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
What a cozy dog!!! I'd probably get in the blankie with her.

Abbey

She's a snuggler. She's only been allowed to sleep all night with us once but she'll sneak in sometimes when husband gets up. I woke up one moring to her head burrowed into the side of my neck.

klmno

LOL!! What an attack dog you have there!! She's obviously feeling pretty secure and comfy- good job MOM, whether she snores or not!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ohhhhh....don't let that sweet innocent face fool you. Mess with one of "her" people and she'll rip your face off! LOL She doesn't even let us play around when she's near. Of course the people that had her before us used to beat on each other so she's not real fond of anything resemling that behavior. (Just to clarify...those people are NOT the ones who had her at birth. My neighbors two houses down are the original family) I have no doubt that if anyone ever tried to break in.......they would be able to convict with DNA. (Hers on the bad guy or the bad guy's on our floor)

donna723

Now that is a happy, contented looking dog!

Star, my oldest Boston, Ragan does that "wiggle" thing, but she does it on the carpet. Kind of an inverted self-inflicted back rub. She twists one way and then the other, making that little noise each time, and kicking out one front leg each time she does it.

Bostons are world-class snorers! Ragan only does it when she has her chin propped up on something, but Katy snores all night long (but then her nasal passages are only about 1/4" long!)! She rattles the glass in the windows. It is kind of reassuring ... If I can hear her, I know she's OK. Why is it that people who have snoring dogs find that so appealing? Bostons are world-class snorers! They also snort, burp and grunt, and can come out with room-clearing farts almost at will if their food doesn't entirely agree with them. Fortunately mine are on good food! But I find it all very endearing. Ragan is very quiet, but there's always some kind of noise coming out of Ms. Katy. She communicates with a series of snorts and grunts in a very conversational tone. If I'm on the computer (most of the time!) she'll come up and put her front feet on my leg wanting a hug. And while I'm hugging her she's grunting and snorting very softly right in my ear. It's very sweet really.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Awww. I miss my Clemey when I see photos like that. I am so glad she is feeling well enough to sleep that soundly! It is hard on them to lose a mate.