All you medical experts

everywoman

Low platelet count and low absolute lymphocytes---any idea what this could mean. I hate doctors. Don't want to go. But will if I have to:(

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Get thee to the doctor and don't mess around about it. Low lymphocytes could just be you've gotten depleted with a virus. But I don't like that low platelet count, most especially with the other. You need it checked out asap.

Platelets help you clot. When they're low you can have clotting issues which aren't good.

(((hugs)))

tiredmommy

You have to go. It could be nothing serious but you are never going to know if you don't see your doctor. {{{Hugs}}}

everywoman

But I don't want to go....(Stomps her feet and looks for an escape route)

Darn blood tests!!! This is how I found out about the stupid thyroid too.

F

flutterbee

You need to go to the doctor. Now. You also should carry a first aid kit with you. With a low platelet count, you'll bleed much easier.

tiredmommy

Heather brings up an excellent point. You might also want to avoid anything like aspirin that thins the blood until YOU SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
EW, stomp your feet all you want- we've all dealt with temper tantrums with our difficult children. We will just carry you to the doctor and give you ice cream after if you are good.

If you didn't go today...you need to go Friday!

Hugs,
Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Can I have ice cream too if I help drag her to the docs???

:rofl:

Heather brings up a very good point. Keep a first aide kit handy. And don't take aspirin!

Yes, you really must go, dear.

Hugs

trinityroyal

Also advil, motrin or other ibuprofen-based pain medications. They can also act as blood thinners.

And yes, EW. Get thee to the doctor!

Trinity