Almost a week and doing well!

DammitJanet

I am really surprised at how seriously Cory is taking his house arrest orders. Maybe something has finally sunk in that there are in fact rules that he has to obey. Tony thinks that it really hits you hard when they start taking chunks of your life away.

Cory is ever so grateful for us letting him be here in this house. He knows its so much better than the alternative especially since he gets to be with his daughter. He gets up in the mornings looking so forward to his 4 hours outside of the house...lol. He wants to take Keyana to the free kids movie they are offering here at 10 next week. We can do that. This morning they went out to breakfast.

The only thing I am worried about is he is eating out of boredom. He cooks and cleans and sleeps. I am gonna see if I can talk Billy into getting him a new game for his playstation since he only has one. I think Billy will do it since we can get them cheap used.

All in all, he is doing so well and wanting to follow the rules. Maybe this will be the turning point.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

Wonderful news with Cory, and I hope the boredom doesn't get to him. Could you get him hooked on the soaps?? :rofl:

Make sure to look for those playstation games while out yard saling too. I just picked of the LOTR for Travis almost new for x box at a yard sale for 5 bucks. Would've gotten him more, she had lots, but I wasn't sure it which version he had and wanted to be sure it worked. (why do they have to keep changing the darn things?)

Andy

O.K., hold your tomatoes and don't laugh at me too hard (may hurt my feelings :)). I am going to make a contraversional statement that may just get at, "What in the world are you talking about - that ain't gonna happen in a hundred years."

So, knowing that the reaction may be such:

Would Cory be interested in reading Family Fun or other parenting magazines? They are easy reads and may have ideas of how to spend time with Keyana. He may also pick up some parenting tips?

You can find these at garage sales sometimes.

everywoman

Glad to know Cory has taken well to his new "confinement." difficult child also did very well on house arrest and followed the "rules" to the letter. Maybe, just maybe, they are starting to "get it"

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so glad to hear he is growing up!!! I think Family Fun is a great magazine, and he really may enjoy it. Even new it is about $10 for a year. It has amazing things to do with your kids. He can look at it online also. finding fun new things to do with Keyana may keep him from all the eating. My bro LOVES Family fun AND the Nick Jr mag. They don't have any tv service but the antennae, but his ex does, so they keep up with the mag. If you look at some of the magazine sites online you can get soem of these for almost nothing. We gave niece the Nick Jr for Xmas - 1 year was less than the retail price at the special I found. Just have to look around.

Hugs,

Susie

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Well, I don't really want to jinx this, but just want to share the story of my son and his experience with ankle bracelet......he lived in an apartment when he was on this and did fine with following all the rules, called when he was going to work, called when he got home, wouldn't go out without permission, etc. but the minute he got the bracelet off he headed for the first bar, got roaring drunk and arrested for probation violation.......so watch out for the whiplash, when ankle monitor comes off.......that is when you will see if there is change or not.......hoping the time spent with Keyana is enough to make him see the value of his freedom........good luck!

B

bran155

That is great news!! Glad to hear things are looking up for you and your family. Ride this wave as long as you can. It is so nice when our difficult child's are doing well, it's as though we can breath again. Hoping for the best. God bless. :)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Everything is crossed right now for you and difficult child. (Ouch...my back hurts.) It's hard to put yourself on the line but maybe this is it.

Abbey

DammitJanet

Thanks guys.

I am not naive. I know this may only last as long as he is being watched so closely but I keep hoping that maybe this is giving him the time to grow up more. If it doesnt, and he messes up, its on him. I will be sad but I have given him every chance and he knows it. Maybe doing things right will get to be a habit.