Almost two weeks now...

P

PatriotsGirl

We had a great day. It is amazing the young woman that she is sober. I actually enjoy being with her and talking with her. She is really working her steps and talks about one day becoming a house senior. husband got a LOT of groceries. You would have thought it was Christmas how excited the girls were. :) I watched her get her chores finished and we went out to lunch, and shopped. Then back here for a rushed dinner because she has a curfew of six pm. We are almost an hour away. But, everything went great!!! A wonderful early birthday present for me.... :)

P

PatriotsGirl

She has put on a ton of weight since entering rehab. I know this is completely normal once an addict stops using. She hates it, but laughs about it, too. husband and I both smiled and said she is healthy. :)

She told me she ended things with B. I'm okay with that. She is still happy there, so I can't ask for much more.

Now for the drama part. She needs to go back to court on the 29th for the shoplifting. She has no money for the fine and hasn't done anything that she was supposed to do. When she was using drugs, she didn't give a rat's butt. Now that she is sober, she cares, a lot. The director told her she would go to court with her and the worst that could happen is that they would mandate her to stay in the program. difficult child is worried about that because she admits her thinking is warped. She knows if they force her to be there, she will want to run. I don't want that. She is making incredible progress and really throwing herself into the program. So, I think I need to see what I can do. Could I try calling the DA and talking to them? Who should I try to get in touch with? Should I go to court on that day and explain that she is in a treatment program? Would they still issue a warrant if she isn't there herself? Anyone know anything about this stuff?Thanks!!