already skipping school---UGH!

mog

School started on Monday and difficult child did not go because we were out of town moving easy child into the dorms so Tuesday was his first day, He could not decide which bus stop to use so he decided to ride his bike -=went to library after school and did not get home until 5 min before 7pm He was mad because coming home is all uphill and he was tired. Started a fight and engaged with husband and he took the bait. husband threatening to call the police over stupid little things that are not even important. Finally went to bed but left husband yelling at me. Went to wake difficult child up this morning so he would have time to walk to the bus stop. Went in there 6 times -finally he gets up and gets in the shower--stays in there for ever. I knock and tell him he should have already left fot the bus so he better hustle. He goes back to his room and lays down. 10 min later-i ask if he is ready and he says he is putting on his pants -- I go in and tell him that he already missed the bus so he will have to ride his bike and he takes off his pants and says its isn't worth going. I explain that he is going to get into trouble with JPO and he says he doesn't care and rolls over and goes back to sleep. I was NOT going to take him down the hill because that will start the whole year off thinking that he can miss the bus on purpose and whenever he decides he is ready then I am stuck to run him around. I know he is in trouble but I don't know how much yet. Worst of all --he has made a mess from one end of the house to the other and refuses to clean any of it up. UGH!!!

maril

I was NOT going to take him down the hill because that will start the whole year off thinking that he can miss the bus on purpose and whenever he decides he is ready then I am stuck to run him around.

Good for you. I hope things improve with him getting to school, etc.; so difficult. Also, good luck to your easy child in college.

mog

Thanks --easy child seems to really like it today was first day of classes.
difficult child had to ride his bike again today because he missed the bus