Alvin and the chipmunks

Lothlorien

Very cute movie. We took the kids to see it yesterday. husband usually falls asleep during movies in a theater, but he laughed all the way through it.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE

I saw "Enchanted" twice in 3 days. :princess: I guess you could say it's.... ENCHANTING! (loved it!)

Suz

saving grace

I loved Enchanted! I would have seen it again right after seeing it the first time.

I was wondering about Juno and PS I love you so thanks for the thumbs up. I want to see them both.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks too, It was ok, I expected more but it was still good.

My husband rented HeartBreak Kid with Ben Stiller, it was crude very very crude humor and sexual but I laughed and laughed, it was the embarrassing laugh, like I know I shouldnt be laughing because its gross but it was too funny not to

Grace

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Is Alvin and the Chipmunks "Scary"??? Seriously... K has such severe anxiety... We watched Bridge to Taribithia which I thought was so sweet... she ended up sobbing and hysterical... She also could not watch Frosty this year. Too scared.

She wants to see it, I just don't want to have her running out of the theatre in terror!!!
We had to leave Rattatouille!!! Poor thing.

Lothlorien

There is nothing scary about Alvin. There is a little sad part, but nothing overly serious. Mighty Mouse was scared of Nanny MacPhee, but he LOVED Alvin and the Chipmunks. Mighty Mouse typically wants to run out the door as soon as the credits come on, because he gets scared, so we don't take him too often and when we do go, I usually go with husband. He was fine through the entire movie. Missy laughed her head off. They both enjoyed it and we did do.

SRL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: totoro</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is Alvin and the Chipmunks "Scary"??? Seriously... K has such severe anxiety... We watched Bridge to Taribithia which I thought was so sweet... she ended up sobbing and hysterical... She also could not watch Frosty this year. Too scared.

She wants to see it, I just don't want to have her running out of the theatre in terror!!!
We had to leave Rattatouille!!! Poor thing.

</div></div>

Yikes, I thought Bridge to Terebithia had very mature themes and some menacing fantastical creatures myself!

Totoro, when our kids were little and anxiety was a big issue, we didn't even make going to the movies an option. We started family movie nights every Saturday evening, complete with supper and often soda and popcorn. We'd pick movies carefully--eitehr those we were familiar with or else rent the DVD's as soon as they came out to preview first. difficult child always knew he had an out if he didn't like the film or if he had concern that they might be scary because we have portable VHS and DVD players in the living room upstairs. We saved a ton of money this way, put way less stress on difficult child and established a family routine that is still in place 5 years later. We'd occasionally sneak oldest easy child off to see a movie so he didn't feel so cheated, but otherwise we waited with difficult child until he let us know he was ready and we thought he could handle it.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
SRL~
I know we do the movies at home, K really wanted to see the Taribithia movie... against my better judgement... her friend had seen it!!! I had a blanket in place to cover her eyes!!!
Typically it is movie night at our house as well... very kid friendly...
She is just starting to have friends and really wants to go see movies sometimes.
We would take her... so I like to ask here first your opinion.
I don't mind leaving.
Sometimes she can handle it, others, NO!!!
So it is hit or miss.
She thinks she can handle it!!! But other times she know she can't...

Thanks...

I took easy child 1 to see "Bridge to Terabithia". I didn't know the story and it just killed me when the little girl died. easy child 1 was not too broken up about it, but she thought it was funny that Papa cried at a movie. All of her friends have been gleefully informed about my sentimentality.

svengandhi

My 8 year old loved Alvin and thanked me for introducing him to it! and the 11 year old enjoyed but said it was not a movie he would pay to see again. Then again, his favorite TV station is the Military History Channel (and he's my easy child!).

My daughter, who is 16, loved Juno and said we should write to the Jamie Lynn Spears fan club and advise HER to see the movie. My daughter saw it twice. She also enjoyed Enchanted but not as much.

My 8 year old loved Transformers (so did I) but there are some scary moments. My son adores the Jurassic Park movies, so those moments were scarier for me than him, but ...