Alzheimers stinks

Fran

Former desparate mom
F i L, isn't your problem. Sorry. Your kids, your parents, your whatever are yours to deal with.
father in law, has wife and children. If you stay with K then maybe you can help his children by being a support and not the leader in the care of their parent.
Sorry.
Maybe this is a way of delaying the ugly decisions that may be in your future.

I'm pretty confused too. What happened to daughter's surgery and you staying with her to help her get through this post op time?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, my. I don't even know where to begin as it has all happened so quickly.

I REALLY thought I had left for the final time. It pains me so much to leave the family. I just don't give up on people too easily.

Why get a job here? Well, I need money to move on to a more permanent situation. When you have no cash or a job it's a bit tough. I've discussed this with H and he knows my long range plans. Right now I'm 'convenient' to take care of his dad. I love him to death and fear the day that I'm not there.

I actually got an email from daughter this afternoon. It's the first conversation she has initiated. Evidently she dropped her cell phone in the toilet. haha...the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. So, I'm going to call her in a bit and see what's going on with the surgery. I'd be there in a heartbeat if she needed me.

Right now I'm trying to pack away panic attacks about taking the Greyhound tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll end up in Florida or Guam. Sorry...I missed my transfer. My bad.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Dang, if you hit Guam, I hope you packed a snorkel, babe!

Oh-oh! If she comes out west, there's a whole passel of us Cali girls who can show her a good time, right Mary? :winks:

Abbey

Spork Queen
KT - there is a chance I might swing by Vegas, but that's about as close to CA I'd get. I'll take a cyber hug, though.:tongue:

Talked to daughter and her surgery is on the 31st. I will be going down to help her. She's been on a liquid diet that sounds horrible. Yuck.

So I'm leavin' on a jet plane...haha, actually the Greyhound in an hour. Then a 12 hour road trip with two old friends. I was talking to my son who lives in the city I'm going to yesterday reminding him that I was coming. He forgot why (30th reunion) and just cracked up. He says, "Geez, Mom...I'm only 8 years out of HS and I can't imagine seeing any of those people."

Abbey