Am I being unreasonable???

TrishaBC

When I start to feel a little unappreciated I just go on strike. I don't make a big ordeal, I just say "sorry honey, I didn't make dinner but I'm really tired, do you want canned soup or Kraft Dinner for supper?" After a couple days of that, he gets really excited about my efforts over supper :smile:

busywend

Maybe she meant 'corn meal' - ya that is it!

That meal does sound rough. Sounds like when my boyfriend decided to make Chicken Kiev for me. Quite the adventure I must say! You have to make up the garlic/butter/scallion mixture and let it sit for an hour, pound the chicken so thin you can fill it and roll it, but do not make a hole or the butter mixture will run out. I do not think we ate until 9pm.

It was quite entertaining for me!!! LOL!

:smile:

witzend

My husband is the same way. It's difficult to want to cook when it's just the two of us. I tell him that I need to know he enjoys the food, and it will work for a while. I also have a large recipe box - in my head - but often can't think of what to cook. I ask him what he would like for dinner. The response is always "Good question". Yes, I thought so when I asked it~! :smirk:

DDD

Believe me..I understand. on the other hand it makes sense that after years
there is a bit of a "settling process" that begins in little ways
for sure. Between husband and the two teens I always have at least
one person that makes a nifty positive comment BUT my husband also
expects a great dinner because "duh!" that's what I do.

Evidently you do an even better job of spoiling..lol ! DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
Ladies, I think the appropriate wine is MAD DOG!! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

I would serve about a week or two of easy to cook, NOT gourmet, velveeta, cream of mushroom soup, or hamburger helper based meals. Something you can sling together in 20 mins, garnish nicely, and serve with cheap grape juice (Juicy juice?).

Then, if a try at a nicer meal gets a response, try a gourmet meal.

Serve what YOU want to eat, or let him cook for a while. At the same time, complement him on things. Nice shirt, thanks for all the hard work you do, yada yada yada.

I think a multi can approach will get the point across.

Susie