American Idol

DammitJanet

Ok...so where is everyone?

What did you think of last night? I guess my three favorites last night were the blind guy, that Jo 'not guy...and heaven help me...I cant think of any girls...lmao. Im sitting here blank.

I actually liked that gay guy but I love Meatloaf. I lmao at Simon's reaction to the song. That was one of my favorite Meatloaf songs and he did a good mix of it. His look could have been better though. I still have that song running through my head...lol.

I will be so glad when this week is over. Someone (Ryan I think) made the comment that the judges kept saying that everyone was making the wrong song choices so why didnt the judges just pick the songs for them. I think that was a great idea. Give each person a choice of 3 songs and let it rip.

SRL

I'm with you--I can't wait until this week is over. The best part of the early weeks was us out of seeing some of them develop over these weeks and without it, it's really leaving me flat.

Lil is who I think you were talking about, and she's through no matter what. Scott probably. I don't think it was a stellar performance but I think he deserves a chance to give a behind the piano performance where he's comfortable. And from there I think it's up for grabs.

I liked Felicia Barton, but I think another huge downside of this format is that voting demographics will favor the males.

DammitJanet

Yes...Lil Rounds was the best female...she was great.

I do think this format favors the males. The way it was before we had the top twelve out of 24 and we voted for them more evenly. I think it will be interesting to see how they pick the wild cards. Do they even it out by gender? Do they pick their favorites? I hope they pick their favorites because that gives people like Anoop a chance to come back. I have a feeling tonite will give 2 males coming in and that will fill all 6 male spots. If they have to do it by gender on the wild card that leaves any males out of it. All so interesting.

Lothlorien

I like Scott and I would like to see him again, but I did think that Ju'not was better. I thought the beginning of Scott's song was not good but it got better in the second half.

Kristen has a great voice, but she did not chose the right song.

Felicia and Lil should definitely go through, but I thought Kendall was great.

I'm still rooting for Anoop. He got a raw deal. If he was on last night, he'd have sailed through.

SRL

Is it just me or does the band and back up singers sound off more than usual this year? Even last night there were some cringeworthy moments.

I agree about Anoop. He would have rose to the top of this group.

The big idol news that didn't hit the mainstream media were pictures of Adam that have apparrently now been taken off his website. Makeup, purple hair, feminine garb, and kissing pictures with his male lover. Do you think it will impact the vote?

DammitJanet

That could improve his image in this day and age...lol. Shock and awe in Hollywood ya know.

I think Adam is a very lost kid. I feel very sorry for him. He had a really tough life growing up and I think he has found love and affection in the only way he knows how. Stable is not even in his vocabulary.

Lothlorien

Janet, are you sure you're not thinking of Nathaniel? He had a tough life, being pushed from one home to another and there is a story about his mom (in jail, I think).

Adam has been in the "industry" for years. I don't think we know much else about him.

DammitJanet

That reminds me of Peyton Mannings' mom going on one of the morning shows and telling the world that they used to call him "Paytie Pie" when he was little. LOL. Can you imagine the ribbing he got in the locker room after that? OMG! It would have been like me telling Jamies drill instructer that he slept with a baby blanket until he left for boot camp!

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
husband and I liked Scott, Jorge and Lil from last nights performances. The little gal that sings country did well too.

Another one hoping in the wild card show that they bring back Anoop, really would like to see him get another chance.

At least last night's performances were a bit more entertaining than last week!!!

DammitJanet

Well look who the cat dragged in!

These AI posts havent been the same without you J. WB. Stick around and keep us up on your picks!

SRL

That reminds me of Peyton Mannings' mom going on one of the morning shows and telling the world that they used to call him "Paytie Pie" when he was little. LOL. Can you imagine the ribbing he got in the locker room after that? OMG! It would have been like me telling Jamies drill instructer that he slept with a baby blanket until he left for boot camp!

LOL. When my brother graduated from Ranger School I sent him a Rambo party to celebrate: metal lunchbox, Rambo plates, cups, napkins, etc. When he got back to where he was stationed he said he had to guard that lunchbox because everyone wanted it

An aside: he carried that thing with him everywhere he moved, eventually had it filled with silverware. One day his house was broken into and the only thing taken was the lunchbox. They ditched the silverware and went off with the Rambo lunchbox.

DammitJanet

Shhh...dont tell anyone but Jamie learned from early on...kindergarten, elementary school, high school, and then on to boot camp...to take a tiny piece of his baby blanket (a la "sucky") with him if he was nervous or scared.

So when he packed up and left for boot camp a tiny little piece of that blanket left with him. I dont know how he managed to keep it hidden but he did. His girl friend...the one who cheated on him while he was in boot...stole that blankie and threw it away. He was so upset. He has tried to find a new one but never could.

SRL

Your secret is safe with me, Janet. ;-)

For pure entertainment, I have to say it was the headband guy that did it for us. We were laughing our heads off, and he wasn't even trying like Normund/Nick.

I don't think I could stomach much of it, but that performance was something else.

DDD

I thought it was the best of the shows this season BUT I'm really eager
for it to settle down...and hopefully improve. DDD

DammitJanet

Where is SUZ??????? What on earth happened tonite? I missed the show but tried to get husband to tell me about it by phone and it sounded like tonight was the Wild Card night? I thought that was supposed to be on Thursday! I thought tonight was the results show from Tuesday? He said they brought back like 8 people. HUH?????