American Idol

M

ML

Ok, true confessions time. I have become totally addicted to AI this year, I mean emotionally involved. Who does that? I'm not proud, believe me. I never even thought of voting on this show but this year not only did I vote, but Janet's idea of voting 500 times made me dial for over an hour last night lol.

It's just that James reminds me soo much of manster it isn't even funny. And he's such a great performer. But if I'm honest, I think he's reached the end of the road. I still think he's great, but he's among very strong competition. My hope is that he makes it to the final 3, but just between you and me this is how I rate the last 4 standing:

Scotty
Haley
Lauren
James

What do yall think? Does my Janster (lol) have a chance to make it home with the media frenzy?

DDD

I haven't missed a season and this is the strongest group I've ever seen. Each one of them is endearing in a unique way. I'd say it's a tossup. DDD

DammitJanet

I have loved this season probably more than any season since Carrie Underwood was on it.

I loved last night. I thought James did very well last night but I loved Scottie better of course. I didnt like Hayley's songs very much but that is just my personal choice. I really thought Lauren took a step back last night unfortunately since I do like her.

Seriously, I adored Scotties rendition of Where were you when the world stopped turning. What I didnt like was how the cut it for the phone number's shot. That wasnt good. It didnt show the best parts of the song.

One interesting thing though, I tried desperately last night to do my mass calling for all those 2 hours with both phone numbers and I only got through about 30 times. And the way they have it set up to vote online is downright difficult...lol. You have to do it through facebook and you have to fill in one of those stupid random number/letter things to hit vote...ugh. Then you have to hit cancel or your votes will be on your facebook page! Can you imagine if someone is voting for someone constantly for 2 hours and your FB gets blown up everytime they vote!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I missed most of last night's show - only saw the last 30 minutes. I missed Haley altogether (but I'm not a fan of hers anyway) and only saw one of James, Lauren, and Scotty.

Of those 3, I rate Scotty first, Lauren second, then James.

I really liked Scotty's second song because it didn't have his customary twang that I find annoying. I thought James had an off night- at least for that second song, anyway. He seemed to be really straining. I don't think that Lauren fully understands how truly gifted she is. in my humble opinion, her singing is as effortless and versatile as Kelly's was the first season and her youth has her acting silly ("I don't want people to think I'm 'Evil'").

I'd love to see a Lauren/Scotty finale.

Suz

DammitJanet

Well suz we very well might get that chance....lol! I am sitting here grinning ear to ear as best i can with a swollen jar in my pain filled daze! I wonder when they make their return to their hometown this weekend? I would love to go up and see that.

M

ML

While I'm devastated. Happy for everyone else who made it, but very disappointed.

DammitJanet

Well I had a sneaky suspicion on Wednesday night which might mean they know ahead of time which would mean things are actually rigged...sigh... because Ryan said that this was the week we lost Daughtry. I dont want to believe things are rigged and that he just made an off hand comment thinking that maybe he meant that rockers had a bad habit of going at that week or that maybe it was the week that favorites go if fans dont keep voting...or something.

I know I attempted to vote my fingers off including using the internet because I couldnt get through on the phone but they make is such a pain on line. I really have a hard time reading those stupid whatever they are called to keep mass voting out so it keeps me from being able to sign up for things. Seriously, I only got through to Scotty's numbers around 30 times last night and I tried all night long. Normally if I start at 9:30 or so, I have no problem.

flutterby

Fly away!
Ok. I know everyone loves Scotty, but I thought he should have been gone a long time ago. When you hear him sing once, you hear every song he's ever going to do. I think everything he sings sounds the same.

I was really sad to see Casey leave, but am not surprised. The target audience is teenage girls and they aren't going to see the talent over "ohmygoshhesocute". I was, of course, rooting for James - he's an aspie and a rocker. But, I don't think he needed Idol past the auditions. I think he'll do just fine. I liked Lauren better when she was more raw. I know she's getting experience, and improving, and all that jazz, but I really liked her raw talent best. Hayley has the voice that I always wished I had.

DDD

Janet. As you all know I am not at my best as an unhappy non-smoker but , lol, I can't figure out what your post meant or might mean. Ryan said what?? when?? in what context??

Yep, I am NOT too swift this week. Just trying to wrap my head around what might have been intended. DDD

shellyd67

We were leaving difficult child's baseball game last night when I heard someone say James was let go.

I couldn't believe it. husband and I were disappointed.

Still unsure who could be the next AI??? Maybe Scotty?

M

ML

I really don't think it was rigged in any way, though it sure feels that way at times. What I think happened is, despite what Randy said, James peaked too soon. He was so good most of the season, had a bad week and then an ok one. While the others gave soid performances this week. I just feel bad for him and will feel tons better if I hear he gets a contract or something. His music was full of heart, the only kind and aspie knows, complete, full on and without fiter. I will miss him.

Now I guess I'm not all that excited about the rest of the season but I'll watch in and hope to see some great performances.