Amish Friendship Bread

gcvmom

Here we go again!
A friend gave me a ziplock bag with starter batter for Amish Friendship bread on Wednesday night. So now I've got this gloppy looking stuff sitting on my counter for the next week and a half until I can actually make it into something.

I've never done this before. I'm supposed to portion off some of it at the end and share it with others. I tasted the bread she made from her batter and it was very moist and tasty. I hope it turns out as well for me!

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Yum! I did this many years ago and it was a fun project for my kids and myself. I would love to find someone here who is doing it, the bread was delicious!!

Have fun and let us know how yours turns out! You can mail me some batter if you want! :p

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oooh, chocolate... yeah, perfect timing with my latest resolve to eat healthier and exercise more, huh? Everything in moderation, I guess that's the whole point.

The sample of bread I tasted had cinnamon in it -- very yummy!

I'll let ya know how it turns out next week!

Star*

call 911........call 911
IT IS EXCELLENT - I gave all mine away -

I'm working on your IRis shipment this weekend.

I found a bunch of dried bulbs - but I don't know which are purple and which are white -

THe ones I'm goingto dig this weekend are white - for sure.....

THis is my 3 years split - so not many blooms but next year if you get them in the ground now - by next Spring - BLOOMING iris.

and a sweater.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
LOL I had someone give me one once, and it slipped into a crack in my car seats, needless to say it never made it into a loaf pan, yuck, I felt bad for the guy cleaning ym car when he found it!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It does smell sour, Marg. But the recipe for the starter calls for milk instead of water, and no salt. So I suppose it's more like yogurt!