An accomplishment for difficult child

Fran

Former desparate mom
I tossed out a challenge to my son's. If they lost 20lbs in 2 1/2 months they got a prize.
We assumed difficult child would ignore us since he usually doesn't participate.

Well, he kept to his plan. He used the Wii Fit every day and stuck to the
Atkins diet. The weigh in today has him down 24lbs. He surpassed the goal.
The next 20lbs will give him another prize.
He is the only one of 6 of us who actually met the goal.

He has never exercised more that 2 days in a row and that's with
a great deal of arguing. Atkins diet works for him because he has almost
no choices. Salads and protein. Lots of water. I'm pretty proud of him.
He has quite a few pounds to go but he seems to get it.
Keep your fingers crossed that he will get to a healthy weight.

One more lesson learned and practiced for difficult child.
I'm smiling to see his progress.

Kathy813

Staff member
That's great, Fran! Congratulations to difficult child.

Do you have the EA Sports Active for the Wii? I use it in addition to the Wii fit program. I like the 30 day challenge. So far, I am only at the beginner level. I like it because it changes the activities each day during the 30 days focusing on different body areas. It's like having a personal trainer.

~Kathy

busywend

Fran! That is so wonderful. I am sure the compliments he receives and feeling better will motivate him to keep going - not to mention the prize. Awesome!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thanks everyone. easy child was 6 lbs short of his goal so no prize but he has the next 2 months to try again.

Kathy, I don't know if we have that but maybe it will be a good addition. I'll look into it.

difficult child has gained weight consitently since he was 15 and he started on different medications. Not that he wasn't inactive or without restraint
when eating but the medications made it worse. I have been worried about his health for a long time but I couldn't fix it. Hopefully he is
on the road to healthful living. Of course, two months doesn't undo years of inactivity but it's a step. Lots of baby steps in my son's life
with a lot of obstacles and a lot of backward slides.

DammitJanet

Wow Fran, I am really impressed with this news. Way To Go difficult child! I am saving change up to get a Wii so I can try that Wii fit program. From what Linda says, you can do a lot of things with it for people with disabilities. Maybe then I can start losing some of this weight along with the no smoking!!!

Im so thrilled for your son. He will really feel so much better...both physically and emotionally. By the way...what are the prizes? LOL.

everywoman

Yeah for difficult child!!! I'm glad he set a goal and worked towards it. Success breeds success. So many of our kids have experienced so little success that often they give up and just quit trying. Hopefully he will continue to move forward.

Ephchap

Congrats to difficult child ! I think it's great that he stayed with it. Wooohooooooo. He met the challenge and won.
Hugs from a proud Auntie :D to difficult child !
Deb

Star*

call 911........call 911
THAT IS FAT-TASTIC!!!!!! I am so proud!!!!!!! I'm impressed with your challenge idea too - (may borrow that) lol.