An article on pain control that's interesting.

DDD

I know some of our CD family members take pain medications regularly and still have pain. There is a column in our local paper written by a Pharmacist and today it is about "nightshade" foods. I know nothing about this subject but in hopes it might help someone I'm sharing the info as I understand it. According to her certain foods are known to ignite pain in muscles, joints and nerves. She suggests going three months avoiding the following common foods to perhaps reduce pain.

Foods: Tomatoes, White Potatoes, Eggplant, all peppers, Tabasco sauce, Paprika, goji berries, gooseberries, ground cherries, huckleberries, salsa...and cigarettes. She has a web site www.DearPharmacist.com with details. I've been blessed so far but I always feel badly for those who live with pain. Maybe this will be of help to someone. DDD

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hmmm...

So basically, anything that would upset one's stomache will also cause pain throughout the body. Interesting...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thanks DDD, I will read it with interest! I'm not a nightshade food eating person (HATE raw tomatoes and eggplant, ew!) but I do eat the other things and cooked tomatoes. I recently started putting dried cherries in my morning yogurt because they are supposed to help with inflammation, fingers crossed. And I always eat peppers and salsa and tabasco on everything. Here's hoping I learn something!

InsaneCdn

I've heard of this before. Maybe it's why I'm not in constant pain? I don't eat most of those foods.

The challenge is... go too far overboard, and you lose on another front. Peppers, especially cayenne, are really good for the heart and circulation.

DDD

Whatever it is...sweet potatoes and yams are good and white are bad. Very interesting. Lol. DDD

DDD

I dug the newspaper article out of the trash, lol, and found it on the newspaper site. Want me to "try" to email it to you?
If it doesn't work, or if you would prefer, I can PM the info and see if you can pull it up directly on your computer. DDD

DammitJanet

Interesting...they use cayenne in all those topical creams. I dont use any type of hot peppers or salsa at all. I do eat tomatoes and potatoes. No dried cherries or most of the others stuff except my cigs. I could easily give up everything but my cigs.