An award to share

Wiped Out

Staff member
husband and I received an award tonight that I feel like everyone here deserves. The place that difficult child goes to for therapy had a huge event tonight. It's a big annual thing they apparently do every year. They asked us several months ago if we would accept this award. We almost said no because we don't feel like we do anything other parents wouldn't do but then decided to say yes.

It is called the extra mile award. They wanted to recognize us for being such good advocates and parents for difficult child. This is why I feel all of us warrior moms deserve the award. Everyone here does what they can every day, through the ups and downs, to help their difficult children. Also, I feel that we share this award with the you because you have helped me (and in turn husband) in being better advocates for our difficult child. So thank you all-you're the best!

It was a nice night out, all dressed up and the mayor gave us our award (and even said very nice things about us)!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow Sharon! How cool is that! I'm so glad you accepted. You and husband are wonderful advocates for difficult child. And lord knows you do go that extra mile or ten.

:bravo::bravo::warrior:

It's about time blame stop being placed on parents, and all the hard work raising our kids is appreciated. :D

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Congratulations!

It is so nice when one of our own is recognized for there great work!

Fran

Former desparate mom
:bravo: what a wonderful acknowledgement for the hard work you both do. If it enlightens one regular person to the life of a family with a difficult child then you accepting the award was a good thing. Savor the moment.
It is generous of you to share it with our community.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon & husband,

You make us proud! You have worked so hard for & with difficult child & that work is being recognized. What an honor.

by the way, you have gone a few hundred extra miles for difficult child in my humble opinion. :bravo:

klmno

Congratulations to you & husband!! You sure do deserve it- and don't feel that it doesn't acknowledge other parents- awards & ceremonies like this acknowledge all of us, I think, plus they help get the word out to the public about issues.

My only question is, how long is it going to take your school to realize that you deserve some special acknowledgement for all you do there?

nvts

Sharon! That's so wonderful for you both! Congratulations for finally getting some recognition for all that you've done (and will still be doing!)!

All dressed up! There's something I haven't done in years! You guys must have had such a great time!

Beautiful!

Beth

TerryJ2

Oooooohhhh, Sharon, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
That is so neat!
And thank you for sharing it with us.
I'm speechless. :)

F

flutterbee

Tears in my eyes, too. You have done so much and continue to do so much for your difficult child. You are an inspiration to all of us. :bravo:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thank you everyone! Your congratulations and kind words mean so much. I couldn't find a better group anywhere to share this award with!