An honest question as only you great folks here can answer...

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
MWM, you have always seemed very warm, compassionate and caring. I too have trouble connecting with others. I think it's due to my expat experience. I tend to think that I couldn't possibly express myself in a coherent way because all of you moms are such eloquent writers.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have had trouble connecting with friends all my life. I don't really want to know most people, then I get lonely because I want to, say, be invited to that party that I'd never attend...lolol. And I avoid people a lot because I don't know how to "play the game."

No wonder I like you so much. You're ME!!!

Andy

Midwest, this forum has been blessed with your knowledge and experiences. I think of you as part of the core group and am glad you are here. I can't recall ever thinking that you were anything but kind and helpful.

BusynMember

Thanks again, all. As I said, I need input, because I lack the inability to tell if I'm relaying helpful info or being rude. I so appreciate all of you!

witzend

MWM, I think that we all have these feelings from time to time. We can't see each others' faces or hear tones of voice. I don't think you come across as cold. I'm sure we all feel that way about the things that we say about ourselves and to each other sometimes, but we wouldn't be here for all of these years day in and day out if we didn't care. I think that at times we can all be gentle, or kind, or blunt, but I also think that by coming back to look after each other even when we have to hear or say something we don't want to hear or say, we show how much we care.

Don't let yourself overthink this. If you come here with kindness in your heart, this is where you belong.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
(((MWM))) I have never gotten the impression of you not fitting in or being cold at all. I find you to be refreshingly honest and open, understanding and informative. I enjoy reading your posts and laugh a lot at some of your expressions.

Funny you say this as I often don't feel like I fit in here or anywhere...as if I am a newbie or something and I've been on since 2004!!! I think, given our backgrounds and personal situations, it's understandable, don't you? ♥

BusynMember

Thanks again for the feedback and kindness. I didn't realize others may feel they don't fit in anywhere either...lol. I mean, I KNOW some people feel that way, but I never had anyone admit that to me. I almost always feel like an outsider who doesn't know the right thing to say.

If I am ever too harsh, and you feel it is not justified, please PM me or call me out on it in public.

I am FAR FAR more comfortable on a board than in real life!! That is, until I feel comfortable with people :)

Lothlorien

C'mere.....a little closer....a little closer. That's it!

<<Smack>>

What are you nuts? You are a vital part of this board. Cut that out! Of course you belong here.

nuff said.

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
I read almost daily how everyone is doing. I don't post often either because I am shy and also because I think who wants to hear my stuff anyway LOL.

But I read your posts and want you to know they are not cold in any way. You are a very caring person and you belong here with everyone else :)

BusynMember

I appreciate the feedback so much. You are all wonderful people who have helped me so much during my most harrowing times. I am trying hard to give back what you all gave to me.

Thank you...guess I'm saying that a lot.

TerryJ2

Heck no, you're not unfeeling! Whatever gave you that idea? Oh, wait, I just read your update.
I see. But I disagree.
You've always come across as warm and caring.
Always.
And I am sorry about your face/car/everything blindness. That hoovers.

MWM,

Ditto what everyone else has said. When I first came here, many of your posts, even if they weren't written in response to one of mine, helped me more then you'll ever know. I've always found you to be a warm, caring person with a huge heart. I would miss you terribly if you weren't part of this "family." Hugs... SFR