An update on my difficult child

Hello, it's been about 2 1/2 months since I last posted. I have been lurking from time to time.

Our J has been off of drugs and booze for a little over 6 months. She has been diligently making her AA meetings and keeping in touch with her sponsor, working the program. She has a job, 20 hours/week presently and to go to full time in a couple of weeks. She went with us on our trip for a family reunion recently and there were no confrontations or incidents, she was very good with her relatives and they with her. It really seems that there is a new attitude. It is different than the last time that she managed to stay off the drugs for this long; then, you could see that there was no fundamental change but now it feels like there is. She has a long ways to go yet but I'm more encouraged than I've been in a very long time.

Sorry I haven't contributed much here after receiving so much benefit from you all. My heart goes out to you all who are going through bad times right now (I am aware of some of the situations, through lurking). Wish I could be more help. The people on this forum are the greatest and you are all in my prayers.

SunnyFlorida

:bravo: Way to go! I'm so happy for difficult child and for your family. Hope she stays the course.

Glad you've stayed a lurker...you're always welcome :smile:

Thanks for sharing such a great post.

That sounds great! What do you think made her change? She doesnt complain of not having a drink or medications? That would be a change for me if my difficult child didnt say that!

KFld

I'm so happy your difficult child has remained clean and is following the program. That is wonderful news. I know exactly how you feel!! Mine will be one year clean this month and still following his program.