An update on us

witzend

Well, another year, another - year?

husband and I are feeling more settled in here in the South. I suppose (nearly) two years will do that. M and his wife are still together, but she has had some health difficulties. I hope that they will stick it out. He called me to complain about the physical difficulties of being a Security Guard, which I told him would be difficult given his MD. He asked if he should quit and go to school instead if they can arrange to forgive his student loan default. I told him to work on getting into school first, then decide about the job. He is married and has responsibilities now, and I worked a job I shouldn't have for 8 years so that we could have health insurance. It comes with the territory. So far, I believe that he is still there.

Grapevine says that L had her babies. As no one sees fit to keep me in that loop, and she would only use them to torture me anyway - as I'm sure she will use them to torture her husband - I'm glad to not be a part of that. I don't ever intend to be a part of that and it would take a lot of effort on someone's part for me to change my mind.

husband is still doing contract work at the big energy company. His contract was renewed for the second time and this time his employment agency was good enough to let him know that he could ask for a raise, which he got. He will get 3% more this year, and will know to ask next year. He likes his job.

I'm still doing a little work for the one client and passively looking for one more. I also belong to a Rotary Club and have little things to do with them. I would like to be their Treasurer next year so that I can use that as a stepping stone to a few more clients. I think that husband and I are satisfied that we will stay until our debts are all paid, which I believe we can do in a little over three years so long as nothing awful happens. Then we'll re-examine. The world is more an open book at this point than it was before. We came down here blindly and it has been a real eye-opener to be sure. We would consider staying if the little town we are in continues to grow, but we would consider a more college type town in the area, too, I think.

So, all in all a good year. I don't feel any need to make a resolution because I have plenty of changes on my plate in front of me. Wish all of you PE'ers the best throughout the New Year!

Estherfromjerusalem

Well, another year, another - year?

husband and I are feeling more settled in here in the South. I suppose (nearly) two years will do that. M and his wife are still together, but she has had some health difficulties. I hope that they will stick it out. He called me to complain about the physical difficulties of being a Security Guard, which I told him would be difficult given his MD. He asked if he should quit and go to school instead if they can arrange to forgive his student loan default. I told him to work on getting into school first, then decide about the job. He is married and has responsibilities now, and I worked a job I shouldn't have for 8 years so that we could have health insurance. It comes with the territory. So far, I believe that he is still there.

Grapevine says that L had her babies. As no one sees fit to keep me in that loop, and she would only use them to torture me anyway - as I'm sure she will use them to torture her husband - I'm glad to not be a part of that. I don't ever intend to be a part of that and it would take a lot of effort on someone's part for me to change my mind.

husband is still doing contract work at the big energy company. His contract was renewed for the second time and this time his employment agency was good enough to let him know that he could ask for a raise, which he got. He will get 3% more this year, and will know to ask next year. He likes his job.

I'm still doing a little work for the one client and passively looking for one more. I also belong to a Rotary Club and have little things to do with them. I would like to be their Treasurer next year so that I can use that as a stepping stone to a few more clients. I think that husband and I are satisfied that we will stay until our debts are all paid, which I believe we can do in a little over three years so long as nothing awful happens. Then we'll re-examine. The world is more an open book at this point than it was before. We came down here blindly and it has been a real eye-opener to be sure. We would consider staying if the little town we are in continues to grow, but we would consider a more college type town in the area, too, I think.

So, all in all a good year. I don't feel any need to make a resolution because I have plenty of changes on my plate in front of me. Wish all of you PE'ers the best throughout the New Year!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Witz, a good update. I'm glad to hear you are more comfortable in your new digs..........sounds pretty good all around, good for you. Have a happy, healthy, joyful, peaceful New Year........

Scent of Cedar *

Witz, you sound good, you sound strong.

It is good to know how you are.

I am glad the babies are safely born. This part is hard, but you will come through it.

Cedar

witzend

Thanks, Cedar. I think because I have detached myself before the babies were born that the only real hard part is wondering what I would say if anyone ever asked me about them. Thinking of them is like thinking of New York City. I've never been, and I might see it one day but I won't go out of my way to do it, and I won't feel that I have truly missed something if I don't. It's easy to detach when you have never attached. ;)

Echolette

I don't imagine any of this is easy for you. Thank you for sharing this limb of your journey with us. And I'm glad the detachment is helping to make you whole.