And in search of difficult child

Andy

At one point this evening all the neighborhood kids were in the cul-de-sac. Five minutes later, they had left. Five minutes later, a neighbor lady walked past. A few minutes after that, I decided it was time for a visual on difficult child so I put puppy on a leash and went outside.

The neighborhood was empty! No kids! No bikes!

The neighbor who had difficult child earlier was gone - went up the road to get chicken for supper. I was feeling good knowing that she had not gone far - I had talked to her earlier so knew her plans.

I walked puppy to the corner - still no sign of kids. I brought puppy home and called easy child - "I can't find difficult child. All the kids are gone!"

I walked to the neighbor's home hoping the boys were inside. I called out difficult child's home at the door but no answer.

easy child came driving by and said she saw someone walking down the path - it was an adult. I mentioned the other neighbor lady and she thought it may be her who was seen.

As I came to the path, I saw difficult child riding his bike on the outside of the woods going away from me. I walked closer to where he was and called out his name.

When he came to me, I chewed him out for coming so far from home without letting me know where he was. The neighbor lady was also coming out of the area with two boys walking. difficult child's friend and difficult child rode bikes home.

As I walked with the neighbor lady, she asked me about a campsite set up in the woods. There is a couch, some chairs, beer cans, an axe, and a fire ring. She was wondering if she should call the police to check it out. She doesn't feel like someone is living there but it may be a party place?

I am going to check it out tomorrow. I called the other neighbor (difficult child's friend's mom) to fill her in and let her know that difficult child will not be allowed down there again.

The reason I didn't find the girls of the neighborhood was because their mom's had taken them inside. difficult child's sister went with their mom and the vehicle of the other two kids left as I was first looking for the kids.

susiestar

Roll With It
Glad you found him. I would not investigate on my own. I would call the police - THEY can contact the property owners, determine the risk factor of leaving an axe laying around in the woods, etc...

Glad difficult child was with the neighbor when he went back there though!!!