And on a positive note...

everywoman

difficult child has been an absolute wonderful support for the past few days.
He is being kind and considerate to both pcdaughter and me. He calls to check on me during the day. He tells me he loves me constantly. He'll stop and look in my room and ask "Are you really okay, mom."

He gets himself up and to work everyday. He picks up extra shifts on weekend. His bosses are great. They have been slowly adding to his responsibilities. He is now in charge of all the ordering for the week. He keeps the invoices and controls the back of the kitchen. He is taking on a lot of MIT (Manager in training) duties.

He, too, is a recovering addict. He told husband that he should have come to him earlier, he would have taken him to a meeting!!! Although he is hurt by husband's choices, he is not being negative and going off the deep end.
He is looking to the future---he says I'm not sure where I'm going, but I know where I don't want to be. He's toying with the idea of culinary school. He is wanting to do his taxes so he can apply for next fall.

It's so nice to see him move on to a different place--a better place. It is better than I dreamed it could be. I pictured him dead or in prison. Instead, he is happy, working, helpful.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh WOW ew!!! What a truely wonderful update!!! I'm so happy for difficult child and for you too!! You should be very proud of him. :D

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Wow that is just such awesome news to hear. And I"m sure it has been uplifting for you as well! I'm glad that he can see where he wants to be and where he doesn't want to be so clearly.

And as a recovering addict, he also understands that there was nothing he or anyone else could have done or forced your H to do to save himself. I know it's not what anyone wants to hear. I'm glad that you have your supportive family around you.

How are things going with your H?

katya02

Solace
What a great update to read first thing in the morning! I'm so glad your difficult child is on such a good path, and that he's there for you right now. What a blessing.

Continuing hugs and good thoughts, EW.

everywoman

Thanks---it helps when one area of your life is so off kilter to be able to sail through the others without big wave.

Jog---I'm not sure about husband. I've got a lot of thinking to do and well, it just can't happen during the week. I have too much else to do. I'll be able to reflect a little this weekend and try to sort out my feelings. This is hard.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Jog---I'm not sure about husband. I've got a lot of thinking to do and well, it just can't happen during the week. I have too much else to do. I'll be able to reflect a little this weekend and try to sort out my feelings. This is hard.

Yes, it is difficult. I will pray for strength and clarity. I hope you're able to find the time necessary to sort things out for yourself and you and H.

Ropefree

Banned
Oh wonderful job, Mom. Those long hauls through the development in a child are so tough on parents. When these blooming garden moments fill the air with ease and acts of love and kindness....
Today is bubbling with parental joys.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
You are watching your son become his Dad's role model. How absolutely wonderful, EW.

Hugs,
Suz

B

bran155

Oh that is wonderful EW!!! Keeping my finger's crossed for more posts like this one!!! :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Suz took the words RIGHT out of my head.......

LOVELY - and SO needed. GOOD JOB MOM!!!!!!!!!!