Angry difficult child

flutterby

Fly away!
OMG is she angry. Ticked (only the other word) off is more appropriate. At everyone and everything. :rollingpin:I had forgotten how this was because she's been on medications. Now she's off medications and is no longer suicidal - which Prozac caused - but there is absolutely no living with her.

I feel like putting her in a box and standing in front of Walmart with a sign that reads: Free to good home. :capitulate:

P

PatriotsGirl

I was the same way when I came off Prozac the first time. I wish I knew an answer for you. I went right back on it because I couldn't take how irritable and agry I was. I quit taking them again and didn't get that overwhelming anger this time. I don't know why. It's hard now not being on them but the side effects were just too much for me...

M

ML

I'm so sorry. I get how this is and I'm praying that you find some relief soon! Hugs,

So sorry... No good advice - Just wondering if you mind making that box a bit bigger? I would love to add difficult child 2 and easy child/difficult child 3 too!!!

Hugs... SFR

Steely

Many hugs..........I am pretty sure I could not go off of Lexapro without having a valium IV drip. I have tried before - it is horrible.
At least you know that it will pass???? It just will take a couple of months before it is out of her system.

flutterby

Fly away!
No, this won't pass. This is difficult child off medications.

I got away for a few hours today, starting with lunch. We went to a deli and I noticed that I was *squeezing* my turkey baguette. I couldn't relax. Every time I stopped paying attention, I was squeezing my sandwich and my shoulders were tense. And I wasn't even talking about difficult child.

Steely

UGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not been able to keep as up to date as I should - but what other possible medication solutions do the psychiatrists have?
Or have you already tried everything?:sorrysmiley:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hugs, Heather!
I'm sorry; it certainly isn't easy living with someone who is always so angry at everyone and everything. My easy child/difficult child (and really I only use the easy child to distinguish her from difficult child) is very much like this and it is so draining.

flutterby

Fly away!
She has run the gamut with most SSRI's and SSNI's. She trialed Abilify for a very short time - maybe 2 months - and her cholesterol went way high - higher than mine's ever been and I've had a heart attack. She also trialed lamictal, but wasn't medication compliant so I have no idea if that would have worked.

We are currently in between psychiatrists. Last psychiatrist was mousy and didn't have a clue, and difficult child chewed her up and spit her out - essentially. Wait list for new psychiatrist is months (as in more than 6) long. And we have to start over because the somehow lost us from the wait list. Family doctor did the medication wash because Prozac made difficult child extremely depressed and suicidal. She's too afraid to touch her with medications as she feels like she's out of her league.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Heather--

I have been thinking about you a lot...

Angry or no - off medications/on medications - whatever....I think something needs to be done to remove you, Mom, from the equation. Right now, you are the EVERYTHING - the problem, the stress relief, the punching bag, the comfort zone, etc.

It's not fair to you, of course - but it's also not fair to difficult child. If she can continue to focus on you, there is no incentive for her to focus on herself. If Mom's the problem, then difficult child does not have to solve anything. If MOM will do it, difficult child does not have to. If there's an obstacle, Mom can remove it. If Mom does not do it, remove it or solve it - then Mom's the problem again....and round and round and round in a vicious circle.

Is there any sort of respite available to you at all? Even if difficult child could go stay at a friend or relatives house for a little while, it might help. (Gosh, at this point, it couldn't hurt!)