Another Birthday Blitz-not...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Looks like my extended family will be arriving on my birthday this year to celebrate Christmas with my mom...I, of course, am expected to play hostess, ugh.

I enjoy the family get togethers, I do, but it's a lot of work and a huge expense that I simply cannot afford this year.

So, I'm going to check with the nursing home and see if we can use a room for the afternoon and have a gathering there. Everyone can bring a dish and we'll have a pot luck. Does that sound cheesy? I think it sounds like a perfect way to get the load off me - on my birthday, for crying out loud! Maybe I'm just feeling cranky.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Not cheesy at ALL and VERY appropriate! And if anyone gives you grief, be BLUNT. They need to know the truth of how you feel, and you are WELL within your rights to express it. (((Hugs)))

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I agree with gcvmom, totally. I think it's appropriate and also thoughtful! Not only that, but to expect YOU... Yeah.

Jody

I think it is a great idea!!! I love it and think you should do it!!! It will be a nice get together and you don't have people at your house who never want to leave. Maybe you can sneak out some time for your Birthday.

DDD

Go for it! It's appropriate, caring and logical. Probably the family doesn't have a clue that the original plan is a stressor for you. by the way, I'd clean the house and have some snacks available cause I betcha at least some of them will say after the party "let's go to your house for awhile". Betcha! LOL! DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Go for it! It's appropriate, caring and logical. Probably the family doesn't have a clue that the original plan is a stressor for you. by the way, I'd clean the house and have some snacks available cause I betcha at least some of them will say after the party "let's go to your house for awhile". Betcha! LOL! DDD

Thanks ladies - I guess I just needed to hear that I wasn't being a slouch! LOL.

My sister and her H will stay at my house and my brother and his family may come by afterwards, but they don't stay over - they travel back to LI. Around the holidays, I always keep a stocked house! You just never know.