Another cat died

susiestar

Roll With It
My dad called me today. He was really really upset. Not angry, grieving.

One of his cats came to them years ago in really bad shape. He was young and he healed. For years he has been incredibly loving and sweet. A total snugglebunny, he adored snuggling down on a woman's chest. The bigger the better.

S was sick pretty often. He could only drink water from a running faucet. Mostly only in my parents' bathroom. He is on daily medications because he has always had some health issues.

They left gfgbro in charge. They let themselves forget that if you tell gfgbro that something is VERY IMPORTANT then he will do the opposite because he knows that it really isn't needed.

There were notes all over their bathroom when they left. Bro took them down because they looked "messy" and of course I put them up to make their house look awful. My dad even nailed little blocks onto the doors leading back to his bathroom so the door would not get shut and cut S off from the water.

Bro turned the water off. Kept it off. Made S stay outside because gfgbro didn't want to deal with fleas. Bro's dog was allowed to stay inside for hours and bro stopped treating him for fleas and heartworms about 6 months ago. The treatments are pesticides designed to shorten your pets' life span - a conspiracy between the breeders, pet food/product industry and the USDA. He has gone on about this for months. My parents home is, of course, filled with fleas from the dog.

By not letting S inside, and by not leaving the water on when he IS inside, S had a hard time.

He had a stroke today. They got him to the vet but there was nothing that could be done.

I will NEVER tell my folks that the stroke could very easily be caused by not allowing S to be in his own home and by not providing water for him. THAT would be uselessly casting blame and making gfgbro out to be a "monster". I feel so sorry for my dad. He adored that cat. Totally and truly.

This angers me greatly and saddens me even more. I will miss sharing a teeny dab of whipped cream with my S. It was our "thing". Just a teeny smidge of spray whip cream and a nice cuddle every time we saw each other. No more.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I am sorry S had to pay the ultimate price for gfgbro's behavior, but surely, SURELY, they know.

I just hope S didn't die in vain and that something is learned from it.

TerryJ2

Oh, Susie, I am so sorry.
I agree with-Shari, I hope something was learned. I'm not betting on it, though.

nvts

Susie! I'm so sorry about S and your Dad - that was his special buddy! You're both in my prayers - I hope they learn something from this!

Beth

susiestar

Roll With It
They will not learn. My parents will refuse to believe that he would harm an animal. They TOLD him that it was important that S be inside and have access to the water. My dad NAILED things on doors so they could not be closed because bro is anal about doing that and has locked the cats in my parents' bedroom before - with no access to food. He KNOWS that if you tell bro something he does the opposite. Bro has done this every day of his life since age 9 or so. It just hurts to think someone would do that. So they don't.

he also lies worse than any other difficult child I have ever seen. Mostly about me telling lies. He even has been heard telling them specifically what I will lie about. If I was going to make it up how would he know about it? I rarely say anything about him anywhere near my parents. Or to him. Only very vague comments because I really do not want to deal with him in any way, shape, or form.

There will be no lesson learned by anyone other than Wiz. He is already asking questions. Even he knows that my parents are so snowed as to be under an avalanche.

TerryJ2

There will be no lesson learned by anyone other than Wiz. He is already asking questions. Even he knows that my parents are so snowed as to be under an avalanche.

Hey, that's not all bad!