Another flea question....

klmno

I have 2 dogs (lhasa apsos- with lots of hair). After reading another thread on here, I found a flea, and then another, on one of them. I checked and I was late giving their regular monthly frontline plus. Then, I noticed that both of the dogs are scratching and acting annoyed when they are trying to nap, so I assume there are more fleas than I have seen. I gave them frontline last night- how long should I wait before assuming that it isn't working? It has always worked on them before as preventative, but I have noticed a lot of people saying that it isn't working anymore. We have a lot of trees in our yard and I hate to give up the protection for ticks.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Funny you should mention fleas. I just got off the phone with my mom and during the conversation she was telling me about some new flea stuff. (I don't know how long to wait to assume the Frontline isn't working) But....she just went to the vet and got some stuff for her dog and cat. They now have a pill out for dogs called Comfortis (Spinosad). It's a once a month deal and it starts working in 30 minutes. She got two just because the dog is very fluffy and has a lot. She gave it to the dog earlier today and can tell a difference already. He hasn't been sleeping well because he does what yours does and wakes up to scratch. Since she gave him the pill though, he's been calmer and sleeping better. They don't have it for cats but she got a different type of liquid for the cat called Vectra. I don't know how well that works though. The dog pill was $11 (at her vet) but she said that if it works it is definately worth it. Might want to ask your vet about it.