Another for dog lovers - you won't believe this!

donna723

If you are one of those that spoils and pampers your dog with all the latest clothes, beds, toys, etc., here's a product you won't want to pass up! Very reasonably priced too, and you can even have them custom made to order! Now your dog can 'accessorize', while concealing one of their more embarassing body parts at the same time!

It's referred to as 'rear gear', so don't say you were not warned!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=34094653

:cool_dog::916blusher::cool_dog::rofl::cool_dog::why:

Someone posted this on my dog board and I just couldn't resist sharing it! This is a real, advertised product and fills one of those needs that you didn't even know you had! It's not clear how they are attached, whether they hang from a string somehow or if they're stick-on! For the dog's sake, I hope not! So if you have a hard-to-buy-for dog lover on your Christmas list ... here ya go!

donna723

Well, dang! :( Now the link doesn't work! Maybe that means she's sold out?

Just picture some little thing that looks like one of those pine tree air fresheners you hang from the rear-view mirror of your car, then picture it stuck to your dog, directly below their tail! Really! There's all different designs - smiley faces, cartoon characters, little pine trees, or you can have a custom design. If you have more than one dog you can mix or match! This is a REAL product! I never realized that my dogs needed those but ...

There was quite a discussion about how they actually attached to the dog - if they dangle from the tail somehow or if they stick right to the dog, like if you'd have to peel it off when nature called and then stick it back on????

Who knew dogs needed these??? :rofl: A good stocking stuffer for the pet lover on your Christmas list!

donna723

Here ya go!!!

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u246/donna723/Doggles/?action=view&current=il_430xN_101097305.jpg

Is your pet feeling left in the dirt because of his/her unsightly rear? I've got them covered... Rear Gear is handmade in Portland, OR and offers a cheerful solution to be-rid your favorite pet's un-manicured back side.

Rear Gear comes in many designs including a disco ball, air freshener, heart, flower, biohazard, smiley face, number one ribbon, cupcake, sheriff's badge, dice, and you can even make yours custom, so there's a Rear Gear for everyone.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Good Grief! That's reminiscent of the Victorian era when women were not supposed to drive horse mares because the rear view was considered to be "indecent".

witzend

Who knew dogs needed these??? :rofl: A good stocking stuffer for the pet lover on your Christmas list!

Mandy totally needs this! It might be a bit difficult, considering she's totally freaked out by her tail and anything that touches her tail. For now we'll make do with baby wipes when called for.

donna723

At first I thought they were like little air fresheners, but when you read the whole ad, I think they're more intended to hide the unsightly view of the rear end of the dog! And looking closer at the picture, it looks like there's a little twist tie that wraps around their tail to hold it on!

I can really see mine letting me attach something to their tails with a twist tie! Mine don't need accessories to make their hineys look cute - little Boston butts are already very cute just the way they are!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My German Shepherd is built in such a way that he cannot raise his tail high enough to give a good rear view of that area (the breed has a sloping back and a long, low set tail).

I am still trying to figure out how he'd react to something like this. Likely he'd throw out what is left of his arthritic back trying to get the darned thing off!

witzend

Both of my dogs share views of their hind parts. Of course, this means that every time you let them out you have to remove their g-string. No thanks!

Although, I have to admit from time to time when a photograph was too revealing, I photoshopped a "Hello Kitty" over the offensive spot! ;)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wouldn't last on one of my dogs more than the 30 secs it would take for them to get it off.

:rofl:

Such a silly thing.