Another good day

meowbunny

I have to say that having my daughter out of the house has been the best thing going for our relationship. She still tries to take advantage of me and gets upset when I don't give her what she wants, but I can always just take her home when that happens.

Last weekend, a friend of mine, my daughter and I (her boyfriend was supposed to join us but "forgot" to ask for the day off) went and watched the space shuttle launch. It was a pleasant drive and the time waiting was spent just being together.

At first, she was sulky because we had leave so early to find a parking space. She would have preferred to just drive to some beach. Ultimately, though, she was happy to spend the day with me (she more or less ignored my friend -- considered him lazy [he is lol]). We bbq'd, talked, read, chatted.

She's still having major issue with her roomie, still very much into religion and thinks she's in love with her boyfriend that she's known a whopping two months and dated for one. I did have to tell her if she says she is going to pray for me one more time I'm going to have quit speaking to her. I really don't need a sanctimonious, self-righteous barely out of her teens wiseacre implying my life is not good enough and needs her prayers. argh!!!!

Her sense of entitlement is still out of control but I've learned how to ignore that. I have to bite the inside of my mouth to not laugh as she complains about her roomie not helping clean the house, not having his share of the money, borrowing money from her, etc. At one point, she must have seen this on my face and actually said, "I know! Now I understand why you would get so upset." That did it, I thought I'd die laughing.

All in all, it was just a good day.

I would like for us to get to the same place with our difficult child.

Had to laugh at the part about the sense of entitlement and her complaining about the roomie. We're quite familiar with the attitude. If she washed her own dishes or started a load of laundry she thought she deserved a presidential citation for service above and beyond the call of duty. When we were out of town, before the you-know-what contacted the fan, she complained to her mom about what a pigsty friend Erica's place was. She recognizes clean, she just doesn't think she should have to do anything to achieve it.

mary9461

trying to hang on
My difficult child son has been out of my house for about 16 months. He has had a roomie for about four of those months and complains all the time about the mess he leaves, the stuff he borrows and the real big one he messes with the thermastat(sp). I have to roll over laughing at that one because we were always on him about messing with ours. He says he doesn't understand how we lived with him. Too bad those thoughts don't last. He was at our house this weekend and left a mess. One of these days I will learn that somethings never change, but I have to say it is so much better to take them home when it get too bad!

Marybeth