Another good weekend!

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
I am taking the chance and posting that Aly has been here all weekend and it has been a great experience for everyone.

I have been saving and saving and found a local, awesome breeder of Shih Tzu's, so we went and got a male "partner" for JuJu. He is 10 weeks old and absolutely adorable. We named him Traeh, heart spelled backwards, after reading that article about the guide dog for the child with autism.

Anyways, since Aly is here so often now, she is "helping" me so much with the dogs. She is so awesome with animals and husband cannot have a dog, so having them here is so therapeutic for Aly.

So, now there are 6 dogs on this property, sis' 4 and my 2, YIKES! It is amazing, they all get along so well. And, I have my own fenced yard so I can keep my babies seperate if I want.

Aly is so great with taking them out potty or playing outside or feeding or what have you.

We had Aly's IEP last Thursday at the new Middle School she will be attending 6th grade at. Her SDC teacher is awesome, she seems to get Aly, they really clicked. She will be mainstreamed for Art and PE, the rest of her day will be in the SDC. They have 8 other students, 4 aides and a counselor as well as the school psychiatric who is in there alot of her day.

She will be allowed to try out for all sport teams she wants, so is already super excited about Volleyball, basketball and track. One of the counselors in her class works as the sports teams assistant so he is totally sycked to work with Aly.

We will provide Aly's guided medatation tapes and they will be helping her to make a worry box on the first day of school. I really believe the transistion from Elementary to Middle school will be pretty smooth, same hours, etc.

Anyways, just an update. I LOVE to be able to post positives again!! Woo Hoo!!!

Gotta go get ready for church.

Hugs,
Vickie

Andy

How wonderful! Good job Aly! I know that getting easy child's puppy really helped turn around our difficult child's behavior.

I am glad you can feel peaceful about the new school year.

Keep the good vibes coming!

tryinghard

That is wonderful! It sounds like your mommy heart is at peace....

I too think animals are great for kids...I have four dogs and three cats and live in the city!

klmno

It sounds like things are going so well for your family now- I'm glad to hear it!! You sound a lot more relaxed and back in control and it sounds like husband is steppiing up to the plate and a much better side of Aly is shining through!

Congratulations on the pup- they are sooo cute!! Just one question- if/when the family is living together again in the future, what are you going to do with it?

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Hi family,

We ended the weekend with my easy child's surprising us with a visit last evening with their fiance's and my maybe future grandson. We had a wonderful BBQ and then watched I Am Legend (saaad movie, yikes!)

easy child 1 and her fiance took J for me for the day today so I have a day to myself, WOW, what a strange and wonderful feeling!!!! Going to Home Depot with Sis to buy some new blinds for my naked windows, finally!!

Then Aly will be coming here and spending the evening with me, just the 2 of us. Think we will order pizza and just watch girl movies and veg out!!

If/when, J and I move back with Aly and husband, our dogs come with us, for sure! husband already loves JuJu and the new little fella Traeh is working his magic too! husband carried him outside for his potty times last night, cracked me up as the pup DOES have legs and can walk! LOL!!!

I am trying sooo hard not to get my hopes up too high, but this past week or so has been really good for my family. Fingers and toes and everything else crossed that this is all headed towards reconcilliation.

Hugs and love,
Vickie

meowbunny

Vicki, I really, truly hope you and husband get your family back together. You sound in such a better place. Much happier than you've been in a long, long time. Sometimes we really do need a break from our kids, a chance to see the good in them, to begin to enjoy the funny, wonderful things that make them what they are.

I wish you and yours nothing but the best.