Another heroin death and this one is a heartbreaker - Update

Tiredof33

I don't think they are safe any where until they stop using. My sister works in the prison here and it always amazes me the number (and the ways they try) of people arrested for trying to smuggle drugs into the prison. She says the majority of them don't get caught.

It bothered me too and I have never met her. For a beautiful, intelligent young woman to leave so early is very sad.

A friend of mine is into spirituality (not to replace her religion, but enhance it) she believes we have a path to follow that is predesigned and when we have learned the lesson(s) we were sent here to learn we go back home.

I don't know how anyone can stay sane on earth not believing in a HP of some kind! The sun just came out and I hope you (we all) find peace today!

T

toughlovin

It is so sad.... and yeah my experience is my son has used at every sober house he has been in. You are living with other addicts and if you don't have stuff someone else probably does. Some sober houses are better than others but I think when you have a bunch of addicts together if you want to use you will find someone else to help you do it.

And this could have been any one of our kids which is what makes it so scary.

I have really come to realize is that I cant prevent my difficult child from dying from drugs... only he can do that. It is my biggest fear and one I cant do anything about.

TL - feeling at a bit of a loss today