Another horrific story where the family should be punished by the same means ...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Doesn't sound like this family moved much. And it's sad that neighbors suspected abuse but never called. Although cps states that, they don't add that suspicions of abuse are rarely investigated. (which ticks me off) And that is why most of the time neighbors don't bother to call.

Sad for this little girl. May she now rest in peace.

And I really wish we'd start some eye for an eye laws, especially in these cases. I could care less about the so called "cruelty" of it. I sure wouldn't see it as a cruel and unusual punishment. omg

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
It's not just neighbors and friends... We had gotten to the point where we told the kids when stuff happened to tell their teachers, 'cause CPS just wouldn't even bother thanks to the multiple false allegations from the other side,

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
The five adults responsible for this child's life and welfare should be likewise tortured. I have words, but none of them are nice. My heart breaks for the emotions that poor child suffered on a daily basis and the horror she felt on the day of her death. Omg, omg.

H

HaoZi

Wanna lock them in a box and dump it off in a gator-infested swamp somewhere. (insert colorful words here).

Steely

This has been all over my local news - and it just makes me sick. It was a usual punishment for her to be locked in the trunk - it was just this time - she died. And the sickest part is that there were all different generations of family living there and punishing this girl, except for the mother, who had given over custody ( I think ) to these people. The cycle of abuse is insane.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
No. CPS had removed her from her mother's custody due to abuse. At least that is what the aunt who had custody told the reporter on the news clip.....but then again, she also told him the kid was playing hide and seek.

svengandhi

The neighbors "SAW" her being forced to eat feces and crush aluminum cans barefoot and they didn't call CPS? OMG, I think the neighborhood should be condemned.

TerryJ2

I was wondering about that, too. I wonder if the family carries guns? Otherwise, the neighbors could have intervened on the spot.
So horrific.

Star*

call 911........call 911
How mentally ill is the ENTIRE family AND neighbors to think that ANY Of this child's life/treatment was allowable.......but purchased POPSICLES for a treat? SERIOUSLY? Why not just give the kid 2 sticks of dynamite and a match if you REALLY loved her and send her across the street to a park.

As far as carrying guns? OMG please do not even start - I can hear gun control screaming from hear as I type about WHY people should NOT possess guns. And yet I say - It is for people like those ...that are exactly the reason I own guns. AND a Bible. Both loaded.

I believe death has been a great release for this little girl.

orlandog

This is a very sad story, nowadays there is already a growing number of chi abuse victims that most of them go unreported because of fear and shame. Campaign against child abuse should be strengthened since sometimes children are not well informed of how they could report such cases the easiest and secure way as possible. It is also important that children be educated at school of what they should do incase abuse happens to them or if they are witnesses to such so that they would be able to voice out rather than hide in fear and shame.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Schools in my humble opinion can't really help in cases like this. STIFFER LAWS have GOT to go into affect for child abuse.

I reserve the right to spank my own child - but when I'm feeding it dog feeces? I should be put in jail and have my child taken away for life. Period.

TerryJ2

Orlandog, I don't think this child had ever been to school. But I could be wrong.
I suspect that teachers would notice the dirt and smells, though. One could only hope.

flutterby

Fly away!
While I may never own a gun, a gun toting neighbor would never stop me from stepping in in a situation like this. If they were to shoot me? Well, prison is one way to get them away from the kid, now isn't it?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The neighbors "SAW" her being forced to eat feces and crush aluminum cans barefoot and they didn't call CPS? OMG, I think the neighborhood should be condemned.

I had to go back and read it, but you're right. They should have at least attempted to bring cps into it. But if they're like ours.......and a few others I know, cps would've called the family, set up an appointment to "investigate" thereby giving them time to scare the girl into telling them what they wanted her too and to hide any and all evidence of abuse. If you run into that wall enough, it's hard to pick up the phone and make that call. Not that it excuses them, but if that is the case, I can see where they'd hesitate.

I would've marched right over there..........but I often don't think in such situations, I just do. A gun wouldn't stop me either.

Star is right. We need stiffer child abuse laws. And STOP trying to reintegrate these poor kids back with their abusive parents for God's sake! Who in their right mind would give an abuser a 2nd chance to hurt the child again?? That one just kills me.

ksm

I read an article about the bio mom in our newspaper this week. I guess she lives in my state now. She left because of an abusive situation with the biodad and left the daughter with him. This was several years ago. Of course, when she was interviewed - it was all their fault. But what mom leaves a young girl with an abusive dad??? Also, it said the grandmother was "home schooling" her. So the poor girl never had the chance to be around other people than those she was left with. So sad. KSM

nvts

Reports to ACS are anonymous...guns don't mean anything...and for it being done to her on a regular basis and able to be witnessed and still no phone calls? I would have been running the video camera while I made the call and the last thing seen on the tape would have been me kicking some backside and taking the kid into my home.

Beth