Another husband rant

mstang67chic

Going Green
I love my husband and he's a great guy. But...there are days that I wonder if his mother dropped him on his head. I know we all have those days but OMG. And it's always little stuff that gets my dander up with him.

He's off this week. Aside from homework he did for his class Monday, he hasn't done a single thing he intended on doing this week. He DID go to the store yesterday and got some meat....the only thing we needed. They had T-bones on sale so he picked up those and is grilling in 35 degree weather. He came to me a bit ago and asked if I would throw some potatoes in the oven to bake. (Note I said the OVEN) Sure, not a problem. I'll let you know when you can throw the steaks on so they will be done at the same time.

Uh....well the steaks are already on the grill. Can you just make some instant?

Grrrrrrr.......fine.

difficult child is doing the dishes that he was supposed to do hours ago (of course.) and I asked him to wash a pan up for me to use. I went back into the other room for a couple of minutes and when I went back into the kitchen..... husband had the potatoes cooking. By cooking I mean that the milk/water was already boiling, the potatoes were dumped in and the fire was still on. No stirring at all. Just a big gloppy mess of potato flakes in boiling milk.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Five words. READ. THE. IN STRUCT TIONS.

I realize this is stupid and petty to whine about but geez.....where do they come up with this stuff?

KTMom91

If you figure out how to get them to read the instructions, please let me know...Hubby won't cook anything but spaghetti because he doesn't know how. When I (politely and calmly) suggest he read the instructions, he tells me, "I'm not good with instructions." I guess I should give him points for honesty, but...I'm right there with ya.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I know Abs but keep something in mind....we're talking about a man who made mac and cheese once and actually measured out 6 cups of water because that's what it said in the instructions. :slap:

susiestar

Roll With It
How did you get difficult child to wash something? I SWEAR my husband won't clean anything that doesn't go in the dishwasher. NOT JOKING. Will NOT wipe off the stove or counter or table. Gross.

I don't know how to get them to read instructions. Or to follow them if they read them.

You would make a billion dollars if you discovered how to do that and sold the secret.

Hugs. And some chocolate from my secret stash. It's the really GOOD stuff.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I love my husband and he's a great guy.
Someone please remind me again why we're married.
But...there are days that I wonder if his mother dropped him on his head.
OF COURSE SHE DID - did you think that knot was just for keeping a hat on?
I know we all have those days
Whatever are you talking about?
but OMG. And it's always little stuff that gets my dander up with him.
Don't play this down - he is aggrivation in man pants.

He's off this week.

Oh so I see - He's just lolly dolly around the house and can't make his own food?
Aside from homework he did for his class Monday, he hasn't done a single thing
That's sums up question number one - WHY did you marry him?
he intended (Man word for ROUNDTUIT)
on doing this week
.(you mean lifetime don't you dear?)
He DID go to the store yesterday and got some meat....
Did you give him a cookie?
the only thing we needed.
I doubt that - you NEED a vacation
They had T-bones on sale
You had to tell him THAT didn't you?
so he picked up those
Wow the weight must have strained him all 2 lbs.
and is grilling in 35 degree weather.
That's pretty normal -
He came to me a bit ago
Looking for that cookie?
and asked if I would throw some potatoes in the oven to bake.
Did you toss them from across the room like Skeball? More fun that way
(Note I said the OVEN)
I'm impressed he knows what the oven is - good job - here's a cookie.
Sure, not a problem.
Not a problem? Oh come on - HE's off all week and YOU have to throw spuds? Say what you mean - YES throwing potatos is an issue - not doing it - give ME a cookie.
I'll let you know when you can throw the steaks
There he goes again - tossing the meat around - really off a whole week huh? Ugh.
on so they will be done at the same time.
Wishful thinking manpants - no cookie for you - oven potato? 45 minutes unless you buy Mstang that new super fast cooker stove/oven - ooooh lets go shopping - you obviously have the time. You're off a week.

Uh....well the steaks are already on the grill.

OF COURSE THEY ARE PLANNER DUDE - BRAVO - another cookie!

Can you just make some instant?
Um BLECH -NO - ERP.....BLAH.......can you say stab with fork and microwave?

Grrrrrrr.......fine.

FRRRRRRRIGGGGGGGG are you serious? NOT FINE. NOT NOT NOT FINE. This involves ME doing ALL the work, getting the pan, putting water in it, starting the stove, watching, measuring the spuds, getting a measuring cup, finding the butter, putting that in, watching the stove some more - finding a lid, stirring, stirring, turning the heat down...UGH - NOT FINE

difficult child is doing the dishes that he was supposed to do hours ago (of course.) and I asked him to wash a pan up for me to use. I went back into the other room for a couple of minutes and when I went back into the kitchen..... husband had the potatoes cooking. By cooking I mean that the milk/water was already boiling, the potatoes were dumped in and the fire was still on. No stirring at all. Just a big gloppy mess of potato flakes in boiling milk.

Okay Gotta give it to da MAN here for messing up the baked potato timing and giving you a break - BRAVO - dogs get a treat - MMMMM everyone wins and you eat MEAT....nice.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. - YOU gets a cookie!

Five words. READ. THE. IN STRUCT TIONS.

Five other words. DONT LET A MAN COOK.
Five more words. HONEY CAN YOU GET KFC?

I realize this is stupid and petty to whine about

NO IT"S NOT - LEGITIMATE GRIPE.
but geez.....where do they come up with this stuff?
Man school - :tongue:

4sumrzn

Hmmm....will I get in trouble if I ask something? Probably. Here goes....any husband's out there that can cook? I'll hold my hand up for mine. Actually, the way it's going now....I took the first 10 years (60% ~we were young, had money with-no difficult child, went out more & cooked whatever we wanted) & he took the second (70% ~ won't go there as far as the $/time/babysitter).....now we try to cook together when we can (opposite schedules) OR feed the kids & eat what we want/when we can! LOL!
Ohhhh....now is where I need to not be in quick reply (even though it's probably been 2 hours as usual)....I need to break out the smilies. Suppose I just need to remember that I am very lucky to have a husband that grew so much after losing his Mom at 18 & we've been on this journey together.......cooking is just one of the things he's learned along the way ;)
I'm sure the potatoes were WONDERFUL! ;)

mstang67chic

Going Green
Bumping up for Mustang to see.....
Probably busy making po-ta-tos:surprise:

No potatos. I saw it but I was at work at the time laughing my arse off. Our part time girl sits in front of me but can't see me and kept asking what was so funny. Hard to explain when 1 - you're talking about Star and 2 - you are snorting and snickering so much.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks Star...I needed that!

And...by the way....I was talking to one of the guys at work (who OBVIOUSLY cooks or at least thinks) and told him the baked potato/steaks already on the grill part. He said, "The OVEN?" and laughed his arse off too.

Star*

call 911........call 911
****Drink warning******** - you've been warned

.......meanwhile back at the Mstang house...........

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV3GxS2mQfs&feature=related"]YouTube - 'Taters[/ame]:tongue::tongue:

O.I.C. Potatoes

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Thank you for the drink warning. Aren't men amazing some days. I keep mine out of the kitchen unless he is cleaning or helping me (chopping and opening things).

beth

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Raises hand here. My late husband went from driving a tank in the Army to Culinary Arts school.

He worked as an executive chef for Marriott for many years until his health got too bad.

He could cook rings around me, and I'm a pretty doggoned good cook

F

flutterbee

The only redeeming quality about my ex is that he was an amazing cook. Of course, he also made an amazing mess when he cooked that I got to clean up.

Seriously. How do you get grease on the ceiling?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Admittedly - DF cooks and cleans the kitchen for us every day - and he is THE ABSOLUTE better cook -

I was the baker but lately.......and then last night he got angry because work was late letting us out - and he said "15 minutes ago this porkchop casserole was FANTASTIC." and then said "OMG I'm quite the little housewife aren't I?" I just sat and blinked then said "does this mean I have to take out the trash?"

He was NOT amused.