Another lost soul~

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I learned this morning that a young man my daughters grew up took his life on Friday. He was 21/22 and a sweetheart. Apparently he had some brain issues, was taking AD's, as well as steroids. I don't really know the whole story, but my God, how sad.

We have had so many kids in our town commit suicide - at least 7 that I'm aware of, 3 of them pretty close. It's just so devastatingly sad. I hesitate to tell easy child or difficult child - they will be so upset and they already think our town is cursed!

Send up a little prayer for this young man and his family. :angel:Thanks.

nvts

I'm so sorry to hear of another wasted life. I hope the kids handle it well and will keep all of you in my prayers.

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sending hugs for you and your kids -
Sending prayers for his family.

Tragic - such a loss.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I just called easy child and told her - she was devastated. She was/is friend's with his younger brother and so she knew this young man fairly well. Everyone loved him, he was so friendly and involved in school activities. It is just so sad. I felt so bad telling easy child over the phone. I wish now that I had waited to tell her in person.

I am not sure if difficult child knows yet...she might but I haven't heard from her this afternoon.

Our entire town is just in shock. Too many losses in such a short period of time.

TerryJ2

I am so sorry.

A cpl wks ago, easy child came home and said that an acquaintance had died from an overdose of over-the-counter sleep aids. Apparently she also had issues with-anorexia, which clearly indicated mental health issues, and which also hastened her (accidental?) suicide, since there was no body fat to absorb the medications.

So sad.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Terry, how tragic.

Thanks for all the prayers. I was just in such a stupor last night. H was so upset = I mean this was a nicest family ever and one of the first we met when we moved to CT. Did you ever meet a person and they just shine from the inside out? That was the mom. And the dad was always smiling and friendly, etc. The youngest son was just like his dad - always so friendly and wanting to do something for you. The son who took his life was so much like his mom, it's still just so unbelievable to me that he would do this.