Another mini vacation coming up......

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by timer lady, Oct 10, 2008.

1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Since our getaway over Labor Day weekend husband & I have decided that we need to "get out of Dodge" if you will, at least once a month.

So we leave this coming Thursday to a cabin.....

It's a beautiful area & talking with the owner tonight he assures me the fall colors aren't quite peaking yet - so it should be gorgeous next weekend.

All 3 of us are looking forward to getting away. kt has the book she plans to read & her laptop with games she plans to take. husband has his camera & hiking gear & I have my painting & books on tape.

Now we need to get laundry & groceries & we be outta here Thursday afternoon.

2. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Have fun! I'm a little jealous.
  3. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

That looks beautiful. I think I might have to bookmark that for next spring.

4. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Bookmark it & let me know when you're going ~ maybe we can make it a ladies weekend. Researching all of these cabins, there are a few that are gorgeous & would make a wonderful local board getaway.

5. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Cool -- I've got my sleeping bag packed and will meet you there Thursday night! :rofl:

Okay... maybe Friday?

You have a wonderful, peaceful, relaxing weekend... ya hear?!
  6. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Pet friendly!!! My bags are packed! It looks so lovely. I hope you have a wonderful time. How is the weather right now? Nice chilly nights... That stove looks great.
  7. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Now I'm jealous. :D So have enough fun for the both of us.
  8. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Linda, it looks beautiful.
    Hope you, husband and kt are having a great weekend away.
    (I'm jealous too)

The fall colours must be lovely, and great inspiration for painting. I hope that we get to see a collection of your art again soon!

9. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Enjoy! (I'm jealous too!)
  10. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

Linda, that place looks beautiful! A wonderful place for you to relax and paint all you want to! I'm a little jealous too but I hope you have a great time!
  11. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

Looks like a very nice and serene place. Have a nice time!
  12. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Have a wonderful time!