Another new job start

Abbey

Spork Queen
Today is my first 'real' day at my new job. (Couldn't do the bank thingy)

Guess what they're having me doing to start...I'M THE DEMO LADY!!! I actually love that idea. No stress...just giving out free stuff. Then I move to front-end manager. I think I'll like doing demos more. ;)

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Abbey -

Just a bit of advice dear. Unless you are selling "Petals" don't reach into your bra for samples. :tongue:

Tiapet

Old Hand
Just think, a job that everyone will be "happy" to see you and fight, push, shove and then be disappointed over when you are gone! I hope the next part of your job goes smoothly too and you find that you like it as well. Sometimes "out of the box" things turn out to be the greatest! Good luck. :)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Abbey -

Just a bit of advice dear. Unless you are selling "Petals" don't reach into your bra for samples. :tongue:

Ha! Don't think I'm going into to the bra for that.

Just got home after watching 5 hours of safety videos. Geez...

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Jeesh is right!!! What in the heck did you learn in 5 hours!!! They don't give them that much safety info for the line men in the steel plants... I don't even think our Cops get that much!!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, let's see. I had saftey foot ware video for 45 minutes, then another 45 minute video on back safety. Then there was the terrorism video. I can't even recall the others. They are a blur.

Tomorrow I go in for the 'real' training for my job. It's a new position. Nobody in the store even knew about it. It should be interestering.

All I know is I came home with a chef's hat and coat and hairnet. At least 2 sizes too large. Oh...it's lovely. I can't wait to wear it tomorrow.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
See? I KNEW the terrorists were after our SAMPLES.

- Abbey - I love Tia's description of your job -

Everyone WANTS you ALL. DAY. LONG. - you muse you!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok...husband is right now laying on the floor laughing hysterically. I could kick him.

I came out in my required uniform...hairnet, (I haven't seen those things in 30 years), baker's hat, baker's coat, nametag and required pants.

I feel lovely. And, this is just for TRAINING. I'm not even in the gosh darn store!! I'll be in the backroom of an office complex where NO ONE WILL SEE ME.

You're right. The training appears to be ridiculous to be a sample lady. But, we live in a sue-happy world so I'm sure they're just trying to cover their back.

I mean really...how difficult is this job? You greet, (duh), you offer a sample, (double duh), and you offer them to buy the item, (triple duh), then you thank them for shopping at the store. (quad duh).

I'm just ready to go give some free stuff!!

Abbey

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Abbey, are you going to change your name to Ruth Buzzi (or are you too young to appreciate that?) ;)

Congrats on your new job! I hope you love it!!!

Suz

Abbey

Spork Queen
No pictures allowed. ABSOLUTELY.

As I suspected, I was only 1 of 2 that actually came in uniform. Really annoys me. There were 40 people there.

It's a pilot project for this company (major grocery store chain) so no one really knows what to do.

I'm supposed to go in tomorrow and actually do the sampling...but no one knows what to do. Do I have a cart? Do I have the food necessary? How am I tracking the sales?

I guess tomorrow will tell.

Abbey

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I love the sample ladies - every so often for lunch SO and I will go to Costco or Sam's club and graze for a while. I hardly ever see them in the local supermarket, why is that??

Marcie

Abbey

Spork Queen
It's a 'pilot' project for a well known supermarket. It's been done in the Costco/Sam's clubs, but not in the residential stores.

I learned today to not say, "Good morning! Would you like...blah, blah." 'Would you like' is a major NO NO. You don't give them the chance to say no. (Now you know the behind the curtains secrets.)

I could go on and on.

It shall be interesting.

Abbey