Another one who needs prayers. Dad has lung cancer...

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DammitJanet, Mar 2, 2010.

1. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

I just got a PM on Facebook from a cousin who asked me what was up with my dad. I said nothing as far as I knew. I admitted I hadnt been a very good dtr since I hadnt called him since my birthday in mid-January but I had been sick that entire time. She told me that she may have had the uncle wrong but someone told her one of the uncles was sick so maybe I should call him.

I did.

My step mom told me that my Dad has stage 3 lung cancer and they have been attempting to keep it from me until they found out exactly what was going to be done and how long he would have.

I am in tears and devastated. I cannot imagine losing this man. I simply cant. He will be 84 tomorrow.

Please rattle beads, light candles, pray...whatever you do. I cant lose him yet. Im not ready.

2. klmno

klmno Active Member

Ohh...Janet, I'm so sorry. I don't know what else to say. I'm sending many hugs to you and prayers for him and all the family.

3. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Sending you a big, gentle {{{hug}}} and healing prayers for your dear father.

4. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

I'm sorry. Give yourself some time to process all of this information.
    Your dad was thinking of you by waiting.
    Hold on to him and love him all you can for as long as you can.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  5. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

I'm so sorry about that news, Janet. Sending prayers for him, and you.

6. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

Sending healing thoughts...

7. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Sending healing prayers and many hugs.

8. slsh

slsh member since 1999

Oh Janet... I'm so sorry to hear this. A big old hug to you, my friend. Hopefully the docs will be able to come up with a plan to take care of this problem.

Dads are.... our dads. I know mine is still my ultimate hero. Sending up many good thoughts for yours, Janet.

9. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Saying many prayers now for your dad. I hope the treatment helps him.

HUGS!

10. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Oh, Janet, I'm so sorry. Sending healing prayers and many gentle hugs for you.

11. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

Janet, I'm so sorry. I lost my dad in 1999. He was only 57 at the time. My best friend just found out that her dad has lung cancer also. I'm praying for some healing and restoration of health. God bless you all.

12. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

Oh Janet, I am so very sorry. Sending prayers and lots of hugs.

13. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

I'm so sorry, Janet. What dreadful news.

Gentle hugs,
    Suz

14. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Sending you many many warm hugs my friend. Saying prayers for both you and your Dad.

15. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Janet, I am sending you all the hugs I can squeeze into the computer.

16. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

I'm so sorry, Janet. I will be praying for your dad. There is hope. My uncle was given three months for lung cancer. God just wasn't ready for him. He was healed and lived a three more years. When he died, it wasn't from cancer, but from an infection that was completely unrelated. Will keep your dad in my prayers. Sending big hugs and healing thoughts for your dad.

17. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm so sorry Janet. We are never ready to lose our parents. Sending hugs and prayers.

Nancy

18. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Oh Janet.....sending lots and lots of hugs. Prayers and good thoughts going out and chicken livers thawing.

19. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Add me to the many who are sending caring thoughts and lots of prayers your way. I'm so sorry. Hugs. DDD

20. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

I'm so sorry Janet - sending warm thoughts and prayers for healing. Hugs~