Another one who needs prayers. Dad has lung cancer...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet,

Honey - I'm just sitting here so sad for you. You're a good daughter by the way. (yes you AHHHHR) And your Dad knows that. (I can hear him saying that with the Bostonian accent and all) I wish there were something to say that would be what you needed to hear, or make you feel better. I do know that since you have found out? You can make the most of the time you do have. If you look at it in a way it's like a gift of time that a lot of people don't get. I wish I would have had just one more day with my Pop - or one hour, or one conversation. So from my heart - I tell you I'm sincerely sorry - and just wrap my arms around you and give you a big hug, and take my hands and fold them up and say lots of prayers for you and your Daddy. Hang in there kiddo. We're here for you.

DammitJanet

I cant go up until I am completely without germies so I am gonna take a page out of your book star and buy a box of cards and send one a day. Im gonna take a ton of pics of Keyana and download pics of Hailie and Mikey off the net and send those in with the cards. I will get a few of those from Walmart where we can record our voices saying stuff to him too. Also buy a couple disposable video cameras so I can make short videos to send him.

From everything I have read, this isnt something that will last a long time. I am making plans that near the end I will go up and stay with Jamie so I can travel back and forth. Its only about an hour and a half. I dont want to make it harder on him and Pat to have me right in the house. Might tire them both out and I wont be able to afford a hotel room. Jamie and I can go down together. Maybe even Cory.

nvts

Oh Janet, I'm so sorry that this is happening - I'll rattle beads and pray that things go well for you and him - you need a break my friend!

Beth

Janet - My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. If he is not in stage 4 yet, maybe there are things they can do to put this in remission, like remove some of the cancer. You will obviously know more when the treatment plan is discussed. I'm so sorry.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Janet, I am so sorry. Will send up prayers for you all.

I, too, know a woman who was "terminal" 3 times. So, I, too, am asking for a little miracle.

I lost my dad suddenly. He was 66, had spent the day tinkering on his antique tractor, went inside to take a nap, and that was it. Exactly one week before, I had taken a day off work and taken Wee and we went up to spend a couple of days with him and my mom and my nephew, who was staying with them. I almost didn't take that day and I am SO INCREDIBLLY THANKFUL that we did. As soon as you are able, go spend a day. I had no idea that was the last day, but that day is so special to me now. Just us, playing...

Hugs and prayers to you and yours.

TerryJ2

Wow. I am so sorry.
Good idea about the pictures.
Leave it to you to take action right away, even when you can't visit!
Many, many hugs for you, your mom and dad.

DammitJanet

I wanted to tell you how much I appreciated this.

I told my dad that I "put" his situation up on my message board and explained to him it was the place that sent me all the cards and balloons when I was in the hospital that time. He said "Ohhhh, well thats really nice! Thank them for me."