Another privacy invasion slipped in by Facebook

Lothlorien

I think that's why facebook constantly changes their profiles. Interestingly enough, the public catches on within a day or so.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
This is why I rarely install any Facebook apps. I also don't put my phone number and address on my profile. I'm amazed at how many people do, though.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I bought a new Droid phone, and loaded Facebook in it. Was very surprised to find out that all of my FB friends who had their phone numbers listed, well, they are on my new phone. Now I have to pour thru this big old instruction thing to find out how to get them out of there. The only good thing it is difficult to pocket dial with this phone

Marcie

donna723

I can't imagine putting your phone number or address on Facebook but there are some people that do. I am soooo careful on Facebook and very rarely click on anything "iffy". A lot of that stuff, when you click on it, it says it's going to access all of your information and all of your friends information and all of THEIR friends information ... that's when I hit "Cancel". I just don't trust any of it!

Andy

What is the huge push in FB for cell phone numbers? Every time you try to get into ANYTHING they are asking for a VALID cell phone number. I am not giving that out!

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I bought a new Droid phone, and loaded Facebook in it. Was very surprised to find out that all of my FB friends who had their phone numbers listed, well, they are on my new phone. Now I have to pour thru this big old instruction thing to find out how to get them out of there. The only good thing it is difficult to pocket dial with this phone

Funny story related to that. I don't necessarily like having all my FB contacts phone numbers in my phone, either, it can be confusing... but I do keep it synced because once in awhile it's handy. But, several months back, I was scrolling through my contacts on my Droid, looking for a friend named David. I accidentally hit the contact for a guy named David that I went to high school with, and it dialed him. I disconnected as quickly as I could once I realized, but a few minutes later.. he called me back! I was too embarrassed to answer. Since my cell# isn't listed on Facebook, I'm sure he couldn't tell it was me, but he probably wondered who the heck was calling him from Virginia (he's in Texas).

So, it may be difficult to pocket dial or "butt dial" with a Droid, but hitting the wrong contact is definitely something that can happen pretty easily ;-)