Another straw grasp

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wee difficult child's in-home actually recommended this, as she works with several kids who've been helped by this lady. So we took wee difficult child to a chiropractor/nutritionalist/naturalist. Sounds kinda whacked.
She did an hour and a half assessment, kept the binder with difficult child's records in it and I think read AND ABSORBED most of it, and gave us back a detailed report and things she found in his binder that support her thoughts. Most of her suggestions are fairly simple to implement, like moving away from products containing paraben due to research suggesting the body perceives it as a sex hormone; sugar substitutes that are all natural, natural laundry soap, etc. She also suggested heavy metal testing because he has exhibited prolonged reactions to medications in the past (Ritalin, Straterra, even the Clonodine).
On the chirporactic front, she would like to do some adjusting on him in 7 places. With everything else we've tried, I'm not against these suggestions.
So we will see.

OpenWindow

I had forgotten that when I went to the chiropractor a few years ago, they had pamphlets on back adjustments helping with some kids. I signed mine up, but before we were able to go, we moved to a different state. I'd give it a try.

Andy

I like chiropractic procedures. They make sense to me. Nurtrional and naturalist views are also healthy.

TerryJ2

products containing paraben due to research suggesting the body perceives it as a sex hormone;

Wow. I didn't know that. I thought it just caused cancer. ("Just" caused cancer?!).

Adjustments can help relieve pain and can make your difficult child a bit calmer (i.e. if there's underlying pain it could be making him cranky) but as the wife of a chiro, who has a difficult child who has had numerous adjustments, I'd say don't look for a miracle.
Will it help? Yes. Especially since she's a nutritionist as well (Celiac's and lactose intolerance come to mind.)
Will it fix anything? Highly doubtful.
Will it hurt? Nope.

:)