Another tragic tale rocks our 'safe' little communty

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
News reports here that Friday, in another nearby small town, a 17 year old boy who was living with his grandparents because of aggresion and other "family issues", got in an argument with his grandmother, shot her 6 times, and stabbed her twice before heading out to the capital, on foot, to the school where his brother and sister attended, with the intent to recreate Columbine, except with no survivors.

An officer hit him with a car as the boy fired at them and other passing cars on the 4-lane highway he was walking.

How sad.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
This is horrible.

Honestly, though... I can see it being another case of people not getting help. I can see it. Same old song and dance....

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
JJJ... I wish I knew the answer to that. I wonder though... If it has anything to do with a sense of entitlement, more MI, or...???

InsaneCdn

Why are so many more people snapping????
There's probably more reasons than we know about, but some stress factors include:
1) breakdown of the traditional family including extended family support
2) financial instability
3) modern communication, especially social internet
4) modern foods, modern schedules (not enough sleep and/or at the wrong time)
5) modern medicine - where before, many would not have survived, today they do survive and then... we as a society don't have what it takes to look after them

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
There's probably more reasons than we know about, but some stress factors include:
1) breakdown of the traditional family including extended family support
2) financial instability
3) modern communication, especially social internet
4) modern foods, modern schedules (not enough sleep and/or at the wrong time)
5) modern medicine - where before, many would not have survived, today they do survive and then... we as a society don't have what it takes to look after them

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees these things as a bit of a catch 22. Especially the last one. We are tinkering with survival of the fittest (and I'm not about to sit here and say we shouldn't! Dont take it that way!) But I think there's a price to pay for that tinkering!

I have severe environmental allergies. I would not have survived childhood without antihistamines. I realize that and while I'm glad to be here? What's the cost...?