Another Update....

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
We discovered that difficult child thought she was pregnant because she has been skipping class to go have sex....

gcvmom

Here we go again!
May be time to get her on birth control since her impulse control is so lousy right now.

I'm sorry for all the heartache she's causing you lately :(

(((Hugs)))

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
May be time to get her on birth control since her impulse control is so lousy right now.

I'm sorry for all the heartache she's causing you lately :(

(((Hugs)))

Thank you for all your support....

Yes, her impulse control and sense of reality and sense of right and wrong is horrific right now....

I'm also quite positive that this was not her first time.

And unfortunately, as I'm sure you well know, pregancy is the LEAST of the risks from unprotected sex....

So birth control pills--and those hormones will add more chaos to her already mixed-up emotional state.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
The hormonal impact of the pills may actually help. The low-dose pills are known to be hepful for women who suffer from mood swings due to their cycles.

And yes, pregnancy would be the least of my worries -- STD's being the biggest, of which we all know HIV is the most deadly, not to mention hepatitis.

The sooner you get her stabilized with her medications, the better.

JJJ

Kanga has been on the pill since she got her period. The consequences of unprotected sex can be horrible and the pill won't protect against most of them, but it will 99.9% ensure that she doesn't bring another life into her chaotic craziness.

Course, if she runs I doubt she'll take her medications with her :(

tictoc

There is also the NuvaRing, which is low dose and not as systemic as the pill. It is a small ring that you insert vaginally and leave in for three weeks, followed by a week out.

Good luck.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
There is also the NuvaRing, which is low dose and not as systemic as the pill. It is a small ring that you insert vaginally and leave in for three weeks, followed by a week out.

Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion--but I can't imagine getting difficult child to responsibly keep track of that....We're still working on bathing regularly and putting on clean underpants.

Uggghhhh!!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
{{{Hugs}}} Is there still the depo shot? It offers 3 months birth control at a time...

I think the depo shot is still available...

I had the WORST side-effects from that shot--so I would really have to think twice about getting it for her--though it is probably better than trying to get her to take birth control pills every day.

There really is no "good" option here....since the best option of waiting for a committed relationship with someone she loves and actually cares for her in return is gone.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending you lots of hugs and strength to work with this.

in my opinion, taking the pill may not be a good option. If you don't take it at the same time every day it is not effective. Even a few hours off can make a difference.

If she gets the depo shot it will resolve many of those fights over getting her to take the pill. You will be SURE she is protected.

I believe there is a shorter, maybe 1 day or 2 day, version of the depo shot that lets you know if the side effects will be tolerable. I also know many women who tolerated a severe migraine each time they got the shot, but after that they were fine. For them it was well worth it.

Have you figured out which classes she was skipping? Is her boyfriend an adult, or at least old enough to be charged with statutory rape or contributing to the delinquency of a minor?

klmno

Yeah, I think I'd opt for the shot, too- side effects or not. I have a boy but if I could get him a shot I would. LOL!

I'm sorry you have had to go thru this- and all in one day. ((HUGS))