Ant's latest adventure - red flags anyone? or is it just me?

elizabrary

If it makes you feel any better your posts have had me laughing, which I desperately needed today. My nutcase daughter and the boyfriend she met online constantly tell me how he is going into the NFL. He's 24. I think it might have happened by now if it were going to. Like you, I just let her have her illusions (delusions!) and try to keep from cracking up in front of her.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I have a prediction. A request for money is going to come from this girl very soon. Something will go wrong, and she'll need a small "loan" or other payment in order to give Ant part of the alleged business. It sounds like a classic internet scam to me.

H

HaoZi

Have him tell her a list of groceries he needs and she can order them online to be delivered to you ;)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sent signals from our Camp to yours - it said -

Me thinkum - CrazyinVA very wise Squaw - and HaoZi wisdom beyond years...

Auntie Star wantum = Heritage Softail -

Mom2oddson

It's so hard to see how dumb my son can be. The lastest reason why C can't come over is that her old boyfriend showed up at the house and beat her up - she had to call the cops. And Ant is just so upset. .....but he's only seen this girl in person ONCE! All the rest of this relationship is on the phone or Facebook.

It wouldn't be so bad if his doggie life-style wasn't driving me nuts! (Doggie life-style as in eats, sleeps, and poo...except that my doggies to bring me joy)

Yesterday, I came home to find out that he moved the big tv from the family room into his bedroom and put some little tv in it's place. I had a fit! If he wants to watch the big tv - he can do it in the family room. He doesn't need to be lounging in his bed watching it. ....now, in the past, whenever I told him something he didn't like to hear - he was gone within a few hours. Not this time. No such luck.

And right now, husband is insisting on being the "bad-guy" parent. husband needs to improve on his skills. I think Ant is just too comfortable living that doggie life-style waiting for his ship to come in.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I wouldn't scare you for the world.......but um........THIS IS SO DUDE......

moving the larger TV into his room and ........no wait - you said your son replaced it with a small one? NOPE, Dude just TOOK the larger TV and put it into his bedroom. He also needed an ironing board and took all the drawers out of his tall dresser, laid it sideways on his bed - which he had completely taken all the nuts and bolts out of, (which was originally MY VERY FIRST and ONLY EVER) new piece of furniture purchased for me BY DF - a solid oak, square poster column Queen sized bed - which Dude tore ALL the columns off of, and the head and foot board - then laid that dresser sideways and IRONED his shirts on -

YEAH I'm right there with ya.....

My thoughts are if he wasts a doggie lifestyle? Throw him a party in the backyard beneeth the moon - and let him fix up the dog house.

KFld

I know this isn't funny at all, but I can't believe the big ones they have to actually take your t.v. from your living room and put it in their bedrooms and for some reason it's striking me as funny!! I must be really tired :) because I know this didn't make you laugh.

DammitJanet

Oh he must be an idiot if he is falling for all this! And he took your big tv? Oh heck NO! Cory is attempting to finagle his way into letting me give him his carrot before he completes his tasks when I get my new TV. Ummm, NO. I have learned the hard way that I cant do that because the task will not get done if I reward before action is completed. I still have a room that is not cleaned up that I paid for in advance. Mama learns. I have a memory for things like this. If I have to hide it somewhere, that is what will happen.

Mom2oddson

husband had a talk with Ant yesterday about needing a plan B, just in case. It was a waste of husband's breathe.

I came home from work to Ant saying "I can't wait to start my new job working for C. It's been so hard not working"... I did good. I didn't start ROFLMAO! If it was so hard not working, why hasn't he looked for a job???? whatever.

Then he starts talking about how excited he and C are to take husband bike shopping tomorrow. (Star - softail or Road King would be the choice) And Ant continues on how husband could sell his old bike to help us out with money.

And then, since I hate my job so much I can come and work for him and C. Ummmm....even if this was true?...Not on your life! Spending 8 hours a day with Ant??? Shudder!

There is no waking this boy up from this dream. He's so sure his ship has come in when there is only a rumor of a ship on the horizon. Even when I ask things like "what kind of cars will you be selling?" he doesn't know and doesn't think it's weird that she hasn't told him what type. But he's sure that it has to be something like a Bently or something.

And no bells or whistles are going off at C moving from "the island" to the neighboring county. The Island is where the rich live, the other county is where you go when you can't afford anything else. But she and her whole family is moving there to be closer to Ant because she loves him so much and her family will do anything to make her happy. :rolleyes:

I'm so glad that everyone is laughing with me on this. It's keeping me laughing a lot. Just wish the kid would open his eyes. But, in true difficult child form, the more we talk about it, the more he digs in his heels. So, we just go along with it. Actually, it would be nice if it was true - then C could take care of Ant the rest of his life. He wants the rockefeller lifestyle on a top romen budget.

elizabrary

You laugh or you cry, and I've always found it better to laugh. Of course, the ridiculous situations they are in help with that. It's like 8-year-olds in grown up bodies the way they believe things that could not possibly be true. And when you're working for Ant and C I will be sure to get you tickets to see my daughter's Internet Guy playing in the NFL!

Star*

call 911........call 911
My luck? The ship on the horizon would the the Dutchman or the Black Pearl - but if it came with Captain Jack? I'd go.

Rockafeller lifestyle on a Ramen budget - GIRL YOU SO FUNNY -I almost fell out of my chair! Gotta remember that one - GOOD JOB!

elizabrary

You guys have me laughing so hard I cannot even tell you! It's so good to find peole who understand the madness and can help you laugh! Oh THANK YOU so much!:yourock:

H

HaoZi

My luck? The ship on the horizon would the the Dutchman or the Black Pearl - but if it came with Captain Jack? I'd go.

Rockafeller lifestyle on a Ramen budget - GIRL YOU SO FUNNY -I almost fell out of my chair! Gotta remember that one - GOOD JOB!

I laughed at the budget thing, too.
I think my ship would be the Great Eastern or the Mary Celeste. (pssst....Flying Dutchman was the captain, not the ship)