Any iPhone users out there who may be able to help?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by hearts and roses, Jul 25, 2010.

1. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

I have the 3G iPhone and a couple of weeks ago, my iTunes account told me to upgrade to the 4.0 version. So I did and I wish I hadn't because my iPhone has been very slow, choppy and freezing up. Driving me nuts.

I called Apple support and they walked me through backing up my iPhone stuff in music, contacts, and photos and then set me up to receive the download that is like a patch for the 4.0 version. Well, it's been hours and it still hasn't downloaded!!

However, my phone seems to be running smoother and like it did before I originally downloaded the 4.0 version.

My question is: If I do a reset all settings, will I lose all my contacts, music and pics? And if I do, will I be able to get them all back by synching my iPhone with my iTunes account?

The tech support person said that if the issues are not resolved I can go to the Apple store and get a replacement iPhone. I am not looking for a freebie, I just want my phone to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!