Any of you prescribed Provigil

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm not looking for horror stories ..... I wonder if any of you have used it & found it to be helpful.

My physicatrist prescribed it for me to help with some cognitive issues & continuing fatigue (mostly cognitive things); it's being used off label for MS & it's felt that I have some autoimmune thing going on so the added script.

I've read all the horror stories - doctor let me know what negative side effects I should watch for....I'm asking if anyone here has used it & found it to be useful.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My BFF uses Provigil for MS Fatigue and has found it to be incredibly helpful. She says it basically 'gave her her life back'.

Mattsmom277

I've not heard any real life horror stories at all! In fact in many MS forums I have read many similar things to what GN sai, that it can literally feel like gaining your life back when used for fatigue.
I've spoken with my neurologist in the past about using it for MS fatigue and although I battled on without it at that stage, we are both clear that if the fatigue becomes all encompassing again, the script will be written. I've been told by the neuro and by others using it that it helps in MS patients with fatigue and also for what I call "Brain fog" (Cognitive stuff) So I think your doctor is bang on about you giving it a shot if your fatigue and cog. stuff is causing major problems. Please share with us if you feel relief after giving it time to work. I would be very interested. I do hope that it does help you, and if it doesn't, that you find something that does. That combination can be so debilitating. You're in my thoughts!!!

miles2go

Provigil rocks. Likely these days you'll get Nuvigil which is not as effective from what I hear. I would start with a tiny dose, less than a quarter tab and see if it makes a difference in feeling awake. Having too much after a while gave me headaches which went away as soon as I reduced.

miles2go

Oh and I don't think it needs time to work. I heard US Armed Forces (Air Force) are considering replacing their "pep pills", currently Dexedrine, with Provigil. Should work the first time, but start with just a nibble, I say.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you ladies ... filling the script today & starting it on Saturday.

GN, I appreciate knowing your BFF finds this medication so wonderful.....I need that kind of thing in my foggy brain - the same to you Miles. MM, I'll keep you updated.

Again thank you.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I wish it worked for mood stabilizer brain fog...I've definitely lost cog function since I started on Depakote and I hate it.