Any strategies to stop feeling terror when my phone rings.

Nancy

It's good to build a wall around yourself during those times Sea. Do what you need to do to protect yourself from the insanity around you. You are important, you deserve peace.

JMH

I am up late like you. For me it was too much caffeine too late in the day. For you it is terror and I get it.

If I were you I would put the phone in a drawer in another room at night. nothing she has to say can not wait until morning.

During the day if she calls let her leave a message. If it is more begging or pleading or abuse then you can decide whether to call back or that you are not up to another round with her. Answering is a choice.

Others will come at a saner hour. Try to rest.

JMH

I agree my son did that too always more drama picking up the phone. I now turn it off before bedtime it can wait until morning. It's a huge relief let her know you turn off your phone at night now you need your rest. My problem is I fear he is going to die with his lifestyle and I feel so helpless.

New Leaf

Hi JMH, welcome to the forum, so sorry for your need to be here.
My problem is I fear he is going to die with his lifestyle and I feel so helpless.
You are not alone in feeling this way. Many of us here have been through the ringer with our d cs and at one time or another ride an emotional roller coaster. If you want, you can start a thread and post about your situation. This way, folks can share with you and reply to your specific challenge.
It is a hard journey we are all on, and many of us have been there, done that. We support and encourage one another. You have landed in a soft place, post more when you feel like it, it helps to share with folks who understand.
Hugs for your hurting heart.
leafy