Any Vegas people...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Witz and I were TRYING to meet you at the end of last month... but I had to cancel my trip because of my dad, and I don't know if she ever got in touch with you. :( Gave up my Aerosmith tix, too. :( :( And not a word of thanks or condolences from the sister in law and her H who got them!!! :grrr:

Okay, that was an unexpected vent...

My timing this year is lousy, huh?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I would love to. NEED TO!!!
But of course my life is getting in the way... or someone else's is.
Sheesh
Stupid stupid stupid
I got a vent
I wish I could oh how I wish I could spend some time with you

Star*

call 911........call 911
No kidding really? This short a notice? I dooooo have a birthday coming up....wouldn't that be the cats meow? Or the donkeys bray....OMG you and me and Witz and GCV in Vegas???? HOLY HOLY.....wonder what building would come down. eehhh haw.

klmno

I wish I was there~! I am living with stuff pulled out of closets and furniture pulled aroiund selling stuff and liquidating. Enjoy it while you can!!

KTMom91

With that kind of a Vegas lineup...I'll be there, driving really fast in my little red car to get to the party...woo hoo!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Dang. I'm headed out for a business trip from the 13th-20th. I wish I could join you, Abs.

XXX
Suz

M

ML

I think we should plan a welcome Abbey to the next amazing chapter of her life (re)union. Name the place, I'll be there with bells on.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'll be there next Tuesday, Star. Things are all messed up on me trying to turn myself in. My LAME, LAME public defender gave me the wrong dates. I go to court on Sept. 8th and they have no record of my case. This should be interesting. Might be a wasted trip.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm telling you.......YOU don't need to go back......Dude just tried the same thing AGAIN and they FLAT out told him - THEY DO NOT WANT YOU. Seriously kid - just don't ever go back to You know.....where you were.

OMG can you believe that? They had him in handcuffs....and everything.....and then cut him loose and said "Get outta here.....hey I know your Daddy." OMG!

Would SOoooooo not get on a plane and waste my time unless someone had it all laid out for me WITH A JUDGES ORDERS ON PAPER.....Nothing less.

Idgets.

klmno

Unless this was a serious criminal offense, I tend to agree with Star. I know a guy who ran from police after being stopped for driving on a suspended license, which meant he would have been facing jail time. He left the state and never went back but has never been in trouble since. That was over 20 years ago.

donna723

Abbey, I think they're right. If this was anything that they considered to be that serious, they never would have left you out to turn yourself in by a certain date! I can't believe I'm saying this because I've been on the other side for so long, but I seriously doubt if they will be looking for you. There will NOT be search parties with packs of bloodhounds tracking you down! It takes a great deal of time and money to locate someone in another state and bring them back. They just won't do this for something that they look at as a minor offense! And even if you went back, I'd bet anything they wouldn't have kept you more than a week or two. It costs a lot of money to keep someone incarcerated these days and with jail overcrowding and municipal budget problems almost everywhere, they would have kept you a week or so, just long enough to make an impression on you, then let you go - one of those "Lindsey Lohan" jail terms! Most places just don't have the money or the manpower to go after people like that for a minor offense. Of course, if you ever went back there again, and if you got stopped for a traffic offense or came to their attention in any way, they'd have to pick you up, but that's easy enough to prevent ... just stay the &%$# away from there! ;)

ESPECIALLY if they've lost all the records of your case! You certainly don't want to volunteer! Not to make light of it at all, but it sort of reminds me of that scene in the Monty Python movie, "The Life of Brian". The Romans are conducting mass executions in the Coliseum and the one guy has the guard convinced that he's not supposed to be one of the victims, then starts giggling and tells him that he was just kidding! With all the confusion and misunderstandings, please don't "volunteer"!

Last edited: