Anybody else iced in?

We're SW of Chicago. Forecast has been calling for freezing rain/sleet for two or three days now but so far it has gone north or south of us.

Both wife's and my families are in Oklahoma and they are in a bad way down there. Power is out throughout the region. My parents are cooking on their gas grill and keeping warm by the fireplace and blankets. easy child 2 and his wife too. They are borrowing a generator from her parents so will be able to save their food. Not so all of wife's sisters and my father-in-law, they are going to lose a lot of food. They are cooking as much as they can on grills to try to preserve it.

Haven't seen any posts from Susiestar lately, I hope she and her family are getting along OK.

Marguerite

MWM - yes, a jumper is a kind of sweater. In Australia a sweater CAN be a knitted woollen garment that pulls over your head, but it's usually a term kept for something made out of stretch knit fabric, such as the zip-up top of a tracksuit.

And for those who like a bit of gentle, childish Aussie humour - what do you get when you cross a kangaroo with a sheep? You get a woolly jumper!

Just what you need in this cold weather...

Marg

Star*

call 911........call 911
Marg - haven't you guys been having a lot of typhoons or cyclones (we call them hurricanes) in Australia and New Zeland. Maybe I read a old report on CNN.

We had another balmy 80 degree day again. - I think it's about sharing really - if the North would share it's weather with the South then we could all have a nice 55 - 60 degree weather day and pray for snow from Dec. 23 - Dec.31

I miss cooler weather.

mstang67chic

Going Green
We've had forcasts of ice/snow the past few days also but only have gotten rain. Supposedly we are supposed to get some sort of storm this weekend....we'll see.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It is snowing madly here! We're supposed to get 8' today and another foot on Saturday night! Yippee...realy snow.

I mean, I hate winter, but if it's going to be cold, I want snow...no more of this icy crud for me, thank you. This is the perfect weather for baking!

mstang67chic

Going Green
It is snowing madly here! We're supposed to get 8' today and another foot on Saturday night! Yippee...realy snow.

WOW!!!!! I really hope you meant 8 INCHES and not 8 feet like it says! LOL

Either way........ICK!!!! Be careful going out and stay warm!

DammitJanet

Well its 75 degrees here in sunny NC today but if you want to know how silly we are, we are planning on leaving this lovely weather and driving straight into that wintery mix tomorrow!

LMAO!

We had already been planning this weekend trip up to Jamie's for our Christmas holiday so we cant really put it off. We have the plans made to go see my father on Saturday too. I only hope the weather isnt too awfully bad in the Difficult Child area. Its calling for an icy mix which is worse to me than actual snow. Yuck.